Ferrari 575 Paint Thickness | FerrariChat

Ferrari 575 Paint Thickness

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Delibes, Jun 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Delibes

Delibes Rookie

Dec 9, 2012
    Good morning all,
    I am curious as to the variance in paint thickness on the 575 models from colour to colour. Our dealership, Tomini Classics, has a fully original 575 Superamerica and the paint is consistently under 200 micros (Nero Daytona). However, for a client's Bianco Avus 575, it is in the 300's and 400's (microns).

Are there colours in the Ferrari range that are consistently applied on a thicker manner, or does it simply vary from car to car?

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    from what i recall the 575 were painted partly by machine and then finished up by hand.

silver and some other colors you can see the very faint blend lines on the rear haunches

my car had a very slight drip in the rear bumber under the clear coat from new

when my mom ordered her car. she wanted white with a blue strip. later had to switch as there was some sort of color blead thru issue and it became a $35k upcharge

the only real issue with repaint work is that it is likely done to a much higher standard than the factory paint....

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  3. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Wow, this is rare..."Bianco Avus 575"

4. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  5. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ferrari factory paint thickness in that era was pretty thin, and typically varies from about 5 to 12 microns. Repainted cars will usually show well above that range.