Ferrari Rental in Montreal. | FerrariChat

Ferrari Rental in Montreal.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by sers, Feb 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sers

sers Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    Ottawa
    Hi all.

Anyone know of a place in Montreal that rents Ferraris? I've checked the ones in Toronto, but Montreal would be much more convenient for me simply because it's closer.

Thanks.

2. pmorin

pmorin Karting

May 14, 2004
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    P. Morin
  3. sers

sers Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    Ottawa
    Thanks. I've been looking for one for quite a while, but haven't had any luck.

BTW, has anyone ever rented a 360 Modena in Toronto for the 1 hour fantasy drive??? Please post your experiences...

4. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    I rented one for 24 hours. If you want the scoop, let me know.

Best,
    Joel

5. MrApex

MrApex Formula 3

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.
    Joel, I think that's a story that everyone wants to hear!

6. Pete00

Pete00 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Pete
    please do tell!

7. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Yes, I would like to hear the story as well. :)

8. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    The 360 that Joel rented is the same car that you can rent for the 1 hour fantasy drive. The 360 Spyder is shared between to rental company's ASG and GTA. GTA Exotics is a tennant in the same building as mine. If you speak to Ryalex he was at my place visiting me when that 360 Spyder was getting some work done. A VERY sweet ride.......and yes it has a Tubi!

Vasco.R

9. sers

sers Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    Ottawa
    Joel, it seems that a lot of people here would like to know how your experience was. Any chance of posting it here for all to see?

10. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

He has, in the Toronto thread......somewhere.

vasco.R

11. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    Well, due to popular demand as to my day in the 360, here goes..........

Warning. It's a bit long, but hopfully enjoyable.

These days, the 360 may be at the bottom of the Ferrari heap, (soon to be the 430) but it's still a Ferrari.....and what a blast!!! :D

I am much more of a Lamborghini fan, and didn't really give the 360 or Ferrari as a whole the time of day at the biginning of this year. I finally decided to give the 360 a try after the auto show in February simply because there was no Lambo that I could rent.

I then joined this board out of sheer curiousity. After reading so many posts about owners and enthusiasts experiences in their F-cars, I became more and more excited as the day of the rental drew closer. I also started to partake in discussions here, and to my surprise, most everyone I've chatted with are very helpful and friendly. I've met several ppl from here, and they are really great ppl to chat with. As a result, I was just chomping at the bit to get that car already!

Anyway, back to the car. The day finally came (Aug. 12) and the weather didn't look to promissing. It was such a let down, but hearing the weather reports and checking environment Canada's website, I thought I would take the chance and the plunge even with the roof down. Glad I did. As it turned out, it ended up being an excellent day.

I showed up to pick up the car, and there it was...a thing of beauty! I got a ride to start with, and had an orientation with the car to get familliar with it. Then the car was mine......WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

It's hard to put into words since my head was pressed back against the seat as I took off at most stops, but the exilleration of the ride was something to behold. Also, the sound of the Tubi was nothing short of awesome.

I visited friends and family to "show off" as you might expect. Everyone I met up with were dying to get a ride. So one by one, I did just that. Everyone was very pleased since it was also there first time in an exotic. Then one person said they were so jeolous. She was the one who got the longest ride!

Now to the ride itself:
    Before taking out the 360, I took a ride in a Lamborghini Murciélago at the Children's Wish fund raiser day on June 5th in Oakville. That was the first time I ever got into an exotic. Too say that thing takes your breath away is a total understatement, especially since Michel Camallerri of Lambo Canada drove it himself. That said, I've now got my feet wet so to speak in an exotic.

The 360 had so much more power then I thought for a 8 cylinder car. I knew to expect raw brute power from the V12 Murcie, but while there are faster cars in the 360 class, the power that it has holds its own. The ride was surprisingly smooth on straightaways, and corners on a dime. You probably don't want to go over too many pot holes however, since the car is low, and the suspension is very stiff, because those few times I did go over some bad bumps or holes, my bones shook. The vibes go right through you. Now you probably don't want to hear about the car's brakes since all brakes do is slow down a car, but there was one incident where some yahoo almost cut me off, and I hit the brakes pretty hard. This car can really stop on a dime. I can't believe how fast I slowed down. It really has good brakes.

Now I'm no speed demon, and racing is not my thing. If I were to ever purchase an F-car, the reason would not be about how good the car does on race day. I really don't give a hoot about things like that. I like to drive at a nice pace and enjoy the ride. But when you need the power, then you have it, and can really enjoy it's full effects.

The car is an absolute thrill to drive even though I now have a much better appreciation for Ferrari's. It's not my favourite model, but still loads of fun to drive. The price of admission for the day was not cheap, but this is one thrill ride I won't soon forget. I highly recommend this to anybody and everybody with a good standing drivers license.

Best,
    Joel

P.S. A couple pics including the Tubi.

12. Pete00

Pete00 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Pete
    gorgeous, thanks for the writeup!

13. sers

sers Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    Ottawa
    Awesome. I'm going to have to do this myself one day.