First F12 Mods (Rims, Springs, Exhaust) | FerrariChat

First F12 Mods (Rims, Springs, Exhaust)

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by ezf12, Aug 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ezf12

ezf12 Rookie

Sep 30, 2016
    Hi all,

Recently did some modifications to my F12 and thought I would share my thoughts on the changes it's made to the car.

Novitec Sports Springs: At first, I wasn't sure if this was a good idea as I was afraid the cars ride would be ruined and it would be so low I would constantly be scraping the front lip. However, after reading that there was a general positive consensus on the springs I took the plunge. What can I say, the car performs even better than before and the ride quality is I would say 95% like stock. The car is now a lot more confidence inspiring around corners and feels much more planted. It was dropped 25mm which looks absolutely incredible as it gets rid of the wheel gap.

TDF Rims: Installed a set of TDF rims, which in my opinion along with the drop has completely transformed the look of the car. The rims sit a little bit further out and fill the arches nicely too. I had planned to put spacers on the car but in the end it wasn't necessary.

Exhaust: This is definitely a point which some may love and some may hate. In stock form, the F12B already sounds amazing and the valve system allows the car to be perfect when cruising but of course opens up when you want it to. I had a Capristo backbox (valved) and X-Pipe installed, as well as a set of IPE sport cats (200 cell, used off Ebay). The sound is now well and truly obscene! Just touching the throttle when setting off in first gear creates this amazing blast of sound. Having the valves open in the whole rev range also makes it easier to enjoy that V12 sound without having to be going 100% all the time. The pops and crackles from stock have also been amplified greatly. The most amazing part of this system is that it has retained the original tone from stock and just cranked up the volume. Drone wise, the car does drone if the valves are open on the highway in 7th gear. However, when closed it is fine and easily manageable for road trips.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jeffreestylz, Richmo, Zlaatan and 5 others like this.
  2. ezf12

ezf12 Rookie

Sep 30, 2016

Small pull (Speciale is not stock either)

Garretto and Boomhauer like this.
  3. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Great result, congratulations! By your pics it turns out that I've seen you and your car a few times around this summer! I have many pictures, F12s are awesome and not that common in the area.

4. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Great set up. You now have a much more menacing stance.

5. wasax.rc

wasax.rc Karting

Apr 1, 2013
    gorgeous....same mods....love it.

6. TomatoMan

TomatoMan Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    Congratulations...... Your car looks amazing.