FordGT vs. 430? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FordGT vs. 430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by zsnnf, Aug 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

the time difference is not as big as you think if you know that is the long silverstone ( big straights) course.

the gt was 7 seconds faster thann the 360 at road atlanta which is a good bit shorter tha silverstone.

2. calsam

calsam Rookie

Aug 28, 2004
    Tahoe cal
    Full Name:
    sam
    I will be buying a 308 since it is my favorite car of all time. I do like the Gts I also would like to see one without the white striping. I think they would look better. Ford blue, no stripe..... yeah

3. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    F430 screams Ferrari heritage, passion and exciting F1 technology. GT screams return of a hero, hot roding passion (truck engine with blower...), and classic, timeless design while still incorporating modern (I hope) aerodynamics.

I haven't heard the F430 but I think the GT sounds great.

4. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A Ford is a "Ford"
    A Ferrari is a "Ferrari"

The rest is immaterial.

5. angshuman

angshuman Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    NaN
    WHAT ?!???!!!

6. YenkoYS100

YenkoYS100 Karting

Sep 9, 2004
    Payson, AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Gloria McClurkan
    Just a few corrections.

The GT motors only "similarity" to the S/C 2-valve per cylinder 5.4 is its displacement. It does not share one part with the standard 5.4. The block is custom built for this application, as is pretty much everything else. According to those involved in the development of the engine (racers), this engine will easily and reliably produce the 700hp that is the limit of the transmission.

Remember that the "anyone can buy" S/C'd 4.6L Mustang Cobras (2003/04) can reliably produce over 600rwhp, and this is a garden variety engine (it's weak point, when approaching 700hp is the wrist pins).

Thus, the only "true" problem with the GT is that it will be serviced at Ford dealerships. If I bought one, I would do any and all work on it myself, and it would never be left unattended at a dealership (would be a lot guys wet dream).

As the latest numbers on the GT are 0-60 in 3.7 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 11.2 @ 131.2, 60-0 in 110ft, 71.8mph in the 600ft slalom (for a preproduction pilot car. For those who do not know, pilot cars are the first cars to go down the line, to check manufacturing processes. It is a production spec vehicle) as per Motor Trend............ if the F430 beats those, then it will indeed best it.

I think they are both beautiful cars.

When is the production F430 supposed to be released???

7. I was just saying people keep comparing entry level Ferrari's to other company's supercar's why not compare Ferrari's Supercar to there supercar and see who gets owned x10.

8. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

Because ferrari has the stupid habit of only building 300 or so, of its supercars.... and you have to be famous to get one now-a-days.

Ferrari supercars never make it to the public and the journalist sort of agree.

Ferrari supercars are kind of worthless in build numbers under 1,500.

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    This one did and the new one does as well. The 430 looks like a great car. The Ford GT is a great car as are the G, Murcie, and the CGT etc., etc., etc.
    We are all very lucky that there are so many great cars out there to enjoy.