Minneapolis MN Cars & Coffee, Saturday September 6th (PLEASE NOTE NEW LOCATION) | FerrariChat

Minneapolis MN Cars & Coffee, Saturday September 6th (PLEASE NOTE NEW LOCATION)

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by LuisGT3, Aug 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Hey guys,

It's time for our monthly gathering of car enthusiasts here in the twin cities.
    Last month we had the best turn out yet with over 225 cars from many different parts of the world.
    Due to the overwhelming success of the event and the fact that we have outgrown our previous location, we have made some changes that will make this a better overall event for all of you guys. I have spoken with Bruno from the Minneapolis AutoMotorplex (http://www.automotorplex.com/) and he has been kind enough to open up his location up to all of us and will be providing coffee and waters as well. For those of you who have been there, you can see why we are moving it there, for those of you who have not been there, get ready for the best event yet. This facility will allow us to truly park the cars wherever we want them and keep them all by Marque/Brand. Some of the members/owners of Motorplex units will have their units open for us to check out their car collections.
    This move will also allow us to continue our 1st Saturday of the month gatherings going year round. (Stay tuned for details on that)
    Since people always show up early, we are going to start the event at 8am and go trough 11am.

Please note (WE HAVE CHANGED THE LOCATION OF THE EVENT) Please do not show up at the old Caribou location.
    The new location is the Minneapolis AutoMotorplex located at:
    1740 Motorplex Ct. Chanhassen MN (About 10 minutes away from the old location)
    Please check out the Motorplex’s website for map and other details: http://www.automotorplex.com/
    For people traveling east of 494 we would encourage you to take the Crosstown (62) extension (HWY 5) the where it becomes 312, exit on Powers Blvd (Which is 1 exit past 101) go right, drive approx 500 ft and turn left on Lyman (at the light) travel approximately 1 mile, turn right on Audubon and we will be 1.1 mile on the left.

Stay tuned to all of the Cars & Coffee threads as we are planning a special event after each one.

Please mark your calendars with the following dates:

October 4th
    November 1st
    December 6th

HD Videos from the last 5 months C&C's (Thanks to Matt Desmond!):

http://vimeo.com/867823
    http://vimeo.com/979756
    http://vimeo.com/1150702
    http://vimeo.com/1316344
    Stay tuned for August vid coming this week.

Photos from the last C&C (Thanks Alex)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/bellus.alex/CarsCoffee8208

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please forward this on to all of your sports/exotic car friends and encourage them to come on out. We’ll have some photographers out there and we’ll post up some shots on the different forums.
    Hope to see you all there.
    Thanks,
    Luis

2. shadeone

shadeone Karting

Aug 25, 2004
    Richfield, MN
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    :( :(

wheels and wings is that day. and its the last one ever.

sadly, there will most likely be VERY few, if any, lotuses at this cars and coffee because we are all going to WI.

shade

3. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    See you at the next one! :)

4. shadeone

shadeone Karting

Aug 25, 2004
    Richfield, MN
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    oh ill be there for sure! im anxious to see that motorplex place!

shade

5. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
  6. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I have confirmation of some very special cars that are going to be there on Sat. (That have not been to the event before)

The weather is supposed to be perfect as well!

7. Saleen S7 TT

Saleen S7 TT Rookie

Sep 10, 2006
    Will the Nissan GT-R be there this time? I missed the last event and the GT-R is one of my favorite cars. Also, anyone with an Audi R8 that you know of? Can't wait to see these "Special" cars!

8. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    The Star & Tribune will be there doing an article on the show.
    Stay tuned to this thread for pics and vids after the event.
    See you guys in the morning! :)

9. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Parking assignments :D BTW, you can fit over 250 cars in the area that is outlined in this map.

[​IMG]

10. shadeone

shadeone Karting

Aug 25, 2004
    Richfield, MN
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    someone wanna clue me in on what i missed today?
    were there any lambos?

what were the "special" cars that luis was talking about?
    was the news there?

shade

11. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    The news was there. The Ruf CTR2 sport did not make it, but the Rturbo and BTR did. No Lambos. The silver 250 Lusso was there, Bills Dino, 348, 355's, 360's, Noble, X and E Type jags, Shelby's, race cars etc etc etc. This was the best one yet.
    Thank you to all that came out. We had a perfect day with another over 200 car turnout. We did not plan for such a good turn out and ran out of coffee early. We are working on some food vendors and will make sure there is enough coffee for everybody next month.

Matt's video will be sick as always. As some of you know, he has put together a MN C&C Flikr group for all of you to upload your pics:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/carsandcoffeemn/

The location could not have been better. We were able to line up cars by brand (We almost got it) which will make for great pics and videos.

Thanks to Bruno from the MN AutoMotorplex for allowing us to have our event at his fantastic facilty.

Over all a perfect day and perfect event. Thanks again for all of you that came out and represented for the great MN enthusiast community.

Here are a few of my pics:

2000 lbs 550 hp 911 Turbo race car:

[​IMG]

C6 race car:

[​IMG]

SC 993 C4S:

[​IMG]

914 & Jaguar:

[​IMG]

GT3RS:

[​IMG]

965's:

[​IMG]

Maserati Ghilbi:

[​IMG]

250 Lusso: (My favorite car today)

[​IMG]

Dino:

[​IMG]

12. shadeone

shadeone Karting

Aug 25, 2004
    Richfield, MN
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    nice!!!!

the lotus turnout at wheels and wings was spectacular and if we can get all of todays lotus guys from that show to get to the next wheels and wings, you guys are in for quite a show!

we had 12 elise / exiges, 6 esprits, a handful of older lotuses, 5 deloreans, and a noble m400

hopefully there wont be snow on the ground by then hahaha!!

shade

13. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    996 TT's:

[​IMG]

M3:

[​IMG]

M5:

[​IMG]

BMW's:

[​IMG]

Caterham:

[​IMG]

SC Viper:

[​IMG]

NSX's:

[​IMG]

Shelby:

[​IMG]

Yenko:

[​IMG]

Aj's C5 Vert:

[​IMG]

14. LuisGT3

LuisGT3 Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Chevelle:

[​IMG]

6 4:

[​IMG]

GT3:

[​IMG]

930:

[​IMG]

996TT:

[​IMG]

Jeff's 500whp R32:

[​IMG]

357whp 944T:

[​IMG]

More Porsches:

[​IMG]

Jag:

[​IMG]

More Ferrari's:

[​IMG]

15. Saleen S7 TT

Saleen S7 TT Rookie

Sep 10, 2006
    It was an awesome turnout! Very nice day, I can't believe nobody has posted pics of the R8 that was there! That car is amazing and one of my favorite cars ever made! I saw it pull in with the LED's on and omg it looked awesome.