Need Opinions: Where to move???? | FerrariChat

Need Opinions: Where to move????

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by CRUSING, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CRUSING

CRUSING Karting

Oct 31, 2002
    Jupiter, FL
    My wife and I are going to be moving to either Southern Cal or South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale area) and haven't made up our minds. We just want warm weather! On taxes there is no choice... Florida is great. Humidity doesn't bother us. We've been West Coast people all our lives. She is in sales and I am an attorney, but I am moving toward doing real estate investing.

Give us your opinions! Thanks.

2. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Money will go a lot further in Florida.....Can't beat Cali livin' but it takes CASH!

3. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I prefer FL to the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.

SoCal is beautiful and a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

I like the gulf coast of FL. Naples through Sarasota are more my style.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander

5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hmm... has anyone thought of anything in the past 4 months?

6. zach_300zxTT

zach_300zxTT Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Zach Lindsey
    I really enjoy South Florida. I go there every year for vacation (great scuba diving locations). The weather is most always perfect, beautiful beaches, warm weather, exotic cars...what more can you ask for? When I graduate college, I might just head down there myself. FWIW, I'm going to Florida (Hollywood or Fort Lauderdale) for vacation this Saturday.

7. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I moved to Tampa last September.. Came down from the DC area. I gotta say that I really do like FL, and yes your money goes a lot further down here. However, there is one thing I really REALLY don't like about this state... It's completely flat! I used to love doing some spirited driving around the hills in northern VA, or heading out to Shenandoah to do some driving/hiking. There's none of that in FL though. All the roads here are pretty much flat and straight. Not the best state for fun driving, although there are a lot of tracks around. The only other area I thought about moving to was Austin, but I decided that living near a beach would be nice for a while. Southern CA would be the ultimate, but financially unrealistic at this point. Anyway I guess if the only negative I can think of is that the place is flat, it can't be all that bad.

-R