OBD II Code help? | FerrariChat

OBD II Code help?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by PBRacer, Dec 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PBRacer

PBRacer Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I got the codes out of my car this AM.

any help in pinpointing my problems would be greatly appreciated

3 codes

PO422 Catalyst below threshold bank 1
    PO432 Catalyst below threshold bank 2
    PO102 MAF or VAF circuit low input

Thanks in advance for your help

Stan

2. gripet

gripet Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    south of Chicago
    have you tinkered with the exhaust? if so, what did you do.

3. PBRacer

PBRacer Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I haven't touched anything. Just got the car back from FoW 6 weeks ago: Oil change, leak-down test, steering rack replacement. Worked great for 5 weeks then the light came on. I cleared the codes with the OBD II reader and they haven't returned over the last short drive.

Maybe just a one time thing. Weather changes here have been extreme, 30 degrees one day then 70 the next, don't know if that could cause issues with these sofisticated sensors.

Stan

4. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi check the co at idle this will be a start,now hold it at a steady rpm-did it alter,is the sensor switching ,blip the throttle what happens to the co,hc,o2,readings,pb racer you would not beleive how many maf sensors we have to replace on niche cars now,so as for the maf you will have to get the voltages scoped and checked against good data,before you bin it dont always take a code read as truth,and test the component on the bench,mind you this method can also trip someone up,
    Dale.