opinions? buy new Viper or keep 996 C2 Cab? | FerrariChat

opinions? buy new Viper or keep 996 C2 Cab?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by charliek, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    I was at the local dodge dealer today and saw a new Viper on the floor. I dont know why, but it got me starting to think about trading my Porsche Cab. I have a 99 Pastel yellow Cab. It has only 10,000 miles on and is loaded with nice options. They offered me $43,000 for my car..gag...so it would be my car and 45k for the Viper. There is no way I could go from Porsche to Dodge especially + 45K. i started to think about maybe a used Viper and selling my car privately. Then I started wondering if it would be worthwhile at any $. What do people think of the Viper(latest version) vs. a 996 in general? I have never driven a Viper. Thanks for any input.

2. CarreraScott

CarreraScott Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    If you like to go fast straight, get the viper. If you like driving on curves you can't beat the Porsche. $43k aint bad for a 99 996 cab believe it or not. But I would never go from a Porsche to a Viper. For the same $$ you could trade up to a year old 996 Turbo, or in a year or two for a Turbo Cab...

3. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Why not get a 355 spider to add to your 512bbi...

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    should be off topic but i had pastel yellow/blue porsche that i trade for current ferrari. loved the yellow but a new viper is a big step up in performance and uniqueness. i would do it if you could afford it but should get 50k plus if sold p privately. dont forget about a 355 spider thats in price range also

5. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    i am assuming that your porsche is your everyday car, I have a 2000 gts and I can tell you it is not an everyday car and I dont belive the new srt is much difference, so if you plan on driving it every day, the porsche you have is much more accomadating.

john

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Anyone who thinks a Viper can go fast only in a straightline is a fool. They will lay waste to any Ferrari barring an F50 and an Enzo in most cases, on any track.

I would get the Viper anyday.

7. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Just upgrade to a 996 turbo and have the best of both worlds, comfort, handling and straightline power.