remove front sway bar? Tips for fiberglass piece under front bumper? | FerrariChat

remove front sway bar? Tips for fiberglass piece under front bumper?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 1975gt4don, Nov 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    How is this done on a 308 GT4 without removing half of the front body? TIA. Looks to me the spare tire fiberglass must come out for the sway bar to be removed. Does anyone have any tips for repairing a cracked fiberglass underpiece that goes underneath the front bumper on the 308GT4? It has suffered thru years of bottoming out on the driveway.

2. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Don
    On the anti roll bar, I haven't done it on a GT4, but have done it on my GTB. About an hour all told, assuming the bolts move OK on the lower control arms (of you need/want to pull these). Procedure is to disconnect the sway bar end links, undo the bushings holding the bar to the body, pull the bar out. You may need to remove the end links from the lower control arm/the suspension bolt but with a bit of patience, most people get those out OK. Only one person I know had a real time of it (Dave Bendl). Good idea to replace all the rubber parts while out.

On the lower fibreglass moulding, I'd pull it off and take it to a shop that does bodywork or 'glass repair work. My guess is it can be patched and painted unless it is really far gone. Could you put a skid pan on it?