SF Fender Badge help | FerrariChat

SF Fender Badge help

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by mvespo348, Jan 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Need some help. The previous owner of my 348 put the stick on SF fender badges a little lower then I wish to have them or feel they should be.
    Does anyone know how I should remove the badges so I can put my new ones on?

2. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I would try heating it up with a hair dryer or a heat lamp (carefully), then try to slowly peel off the sticker.

You can use an automotive "tar & bug" remover liquid to get rid of any sticky residue left on the paint.

3. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Gary, thanks for the help. I hope it works im just afraid to leave a wave or ding type of a mark.

4. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Michael,

Are the shields on your car the really thick resin type stickers, or the basic thin vinyl ones?

5. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Use 3m adhesive remover to get the badge and residue off. be sure to apply some wax to the area when you are fininshed

6. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Just add some 3m adhesive remover or Goo Gone and with a thin fishing line work it in to the top of the shield then slowly pull out towards yourself. After your'e done, wash and wax the area.

7. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Resin type.

8. midnite360

midnite360 Rookie

Dec 20, 2003
    I say use something that is also paint friendly..and once u take the badge off im sure the color of your car will be slightly different due to the sun's fadeing affect of the original paint.