Should FerrariAds.com Be Made "Dynamic"? | FerrariChat

Should FerrariAds.com Be Made "Dynamic"?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ghost, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should FerrariAds.com Be Made "Dynamic"

1. Yes, making it dynamic will take an already good thing to the next level

2. No, let's just leave it the way it is

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I think we all recognize the tremendous value that FerrariAds.com provides, in allowing us to buy/sell all things Ferrari related, be it cars, parts, or memorabilia. I myself have used it to great success.

But I can't help but wonder if it makes sense to make FerrariAds.com "dynamic" by having it as a separate section (like we currently have "Vintage" / "Regional" etc.), with the subsections comprising the five categories that currently exist.

I think this might be useful because it would allow us to interactively discuss the items being bought or sold with the respective seller or buyer. For example, if somebody is selling a car, but puts a limited description and/or has forgetten to discuss an important aspect (say 30K servicing), potential buyers can ask that question in a follow-up post, and the seller can respond for all to benefit from this query. Same for a potential buyer; sellers may respond with available inventory that will benefit all. Another area where I see this useful is if, for example, somebody is being generous and has something up for grabs. They can post on a thread, and the first person to respond gets it fair and square. Finally, having FerrariAds.com as a Section will allow sellers to post multiple pictures of items, rather than being limited to just one, as they currently are.

Obviously, all of this is dictated by whether Rob has the time, inclination and desire to make this change. The one thing I do know, though, is that Rob is extremely sensitive to what member's desire, so perhaps if enough people like the idea, and it is possible from a technology standpoint, Rob will implement this.

Your thoughts?

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    once we go to the pay status, he can delegate some of this stuff to the moderators , sounds like a good idea, but i bet Rob stays way busy as it is and he doesnt need any more headaches. pay site will give him the means and others the incentives to do what needs to be done. i like your idea and the way you presented it. great thread!

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore