Strange e-mail | FerrariChat

Strange e-mail

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Dale, Dec 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi all hope everyone is having a nice christmas,
    just had an e-mail saying hello dale and how much i think i can trust you,
    1-how dose he know that
    2-he wants my bank account details
    3-he's been reading my posts on f-chat-so what i read loads,
    4-if your reading this my pin no is-####
    5-ive always been stupid
    6-brain is in good working order
    7-off for a pint with friends in wooden beamed pub, like inside this chaps head,(wooden)
    anyone else had this rubbish sent them,
    Dale.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Dale,
    Like this?
    Tony

DEAR FRIEND,

COMPLIMENT OF THE DAY.I GOT YOUR CONTACT FROM www.sweden.com I SELECTED YOUR NAME AS A TRUST WORTHY PERSON AND GOD FEARING PERSON I CAN TRUST MY ONLY HOPE FUNDS TO.

ANYWAY,THAT IS A LONG STORY.I WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU WHEN YOU CALL BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START FOR THE EXPLAINATION AND AGAIN E-MAIL IS NOT CONFIDENTIAL TO DISCUSS THIS TRANSACTION.

BUT MEANWHILE,I WILL JUST GIVE YOU A LITTLE EXPLAINATION ABOUT THE ASSISTANCE.

JUST ONLY TO HELP ME OUT PROVIDE A VERY GOOD BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER WHERE MY ONLY HOPE FUNDS I INHERIT FROM MY LATE FATHER WILL TRANSFER INTO.

I AM A LITTLE YOUNG BOY OF 22YEARS OLD.MY LATE FATHER WAS A WEALTHY MAN AND SUCESSFUL IN A COCOA BUSINESS.HE IS WELL KNOW IN THE COUNTRY AND NOW DEPOSTED AN AMOUNT OF US$10.5 MILLION DOLLARS IN A BANK WITH MY NAME AS THE NEXT OF KIN BEFORE HIS SUDDEN DEATH AND HE WAS KILLED BY HIS BROTHER WHO IS MY UNCLE.AND THERE IS A COMPENSATION OF 20% FOR YOU FOR HELPING ME OUT.

INSHORT,THAT IS WHY I SAID IT IS A LONG STORY,YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND UNTIL YOU CALL ME.JUST CALL ME NOW WITH THIS NUMBER IMMEDIATELY +22505699892 FOR MORE DETAILS.MY PRIVATE E-MAIL IS([email protected] HOPE YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER WHERE THIS FUNDS WILL TRANSFER INTO.ANYWAY,I WILL NOT EXPLAIN AGAIN FOR MY SAFETY REASON UNTIL I RECEIVE YOUR URGENT CALL.

THANKS AND TAKE CARE.

DANIEL BANSI

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    and you call the number............a month later when the phone bill arrives it says....call to: mars Total: $9,000. :) ;)

4. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi Tony,Chris,yep that's it tony,how stupid people can be for even thinking you get something for nothing,and the best place to pick on is ferrari owner's,it's stupid and it's sick,all the uk f-chat- ferrari owner's have got lot's more money than me,its not a problem to me im not worried i just love ferrari's,that's why im on this here web site,chris talking of mars im having the feeling the beagle 2 is a little smashed,
    feel sorry for the chaps that worked so hard on this,viking landers were the best,went a little off topic there chaps sorry,
    Dale.

5. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Not that old chestnut!!!

I got it as well DALE!

ITS A SCAM..

6. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi Joe have you and the family had a good christmas,back to the idiot who sends this stupidity,he would like to deposit $10 million in peoples bank account's,of course he does it happens every day,i wonder how many people actually ring the number,
    cheers
    Dale.

7. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    You'd be surprised

There was a story in the news a couple of weeks ago about some Italians turning up at a chemists in the north of Scotland, they had fallen for this scam (or similar) and been given the details of an international banks HQ that turned out to be a small chemists!!

As they say there's one born every minute

8. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Andrew,what you say is very true I seen it on the local news and they even interviewed the Chemist,but I am sure there will still be some idiots who try to get their hands on the 20%.
    Best regards
    Dave McGuire

9. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    this is classic nigerian 409 scam. see www.scamorama.com if you want see lots of funny stories about it ;)