Testarossa convertible on eBay? | FerrariChat

Testarossa convertible on eBay?

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by surfdoc37, Feb 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. surfdoc37

surfdoc37 Karting

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Mark M.
  2. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I flew from LA to St. Louis to look at this car. Prior to flying out there (airfare,hotel,rental car) the dealer described the car as in "very good condition" with no real faults or flaws. Well, the car is a disaster and in need of a total restoration! What's really amazing is that although this Seller has zero negative feedback on Ebay, and appears to be perfect, turns out, the Better Business Bureau of St. Louis has issued a news warning about the dealer because there are so many complaints about defective vehicles and false advertising!

Here's a copy of my letter sent to the Seller. It outlines some of the obvious faults and flaws. I forgot to mention in the listing that the motor is not running right. Feels like its down on compression as the car is terribly slow by Testarossa standards.

Hello Noah,
    I need for Danial Schmitt to call me and please, forward this email to his attention.

You see, not only did I spend my money on an airline ticket, hotel and car rental, but I lost my entire weekend on this trip. As an attorney, I'm very busy and typically work Saturday or Sunday (sometimes both days). When I do take time off from work I like to spend it doing something enjoyable, not spending hours and hours on four planes to go to and from St. Louis.

I flew to St. Louis on the representation that this was an "incredible motorcar" with a "beautifully kept interior" and a "360 spyder convertible top" and that the car was in overall excellent condition.

I relied on Schmitt's Ebay ad, both the textual description and the 2 dozen large photographs. No where in the listing is anything mentioned about any possible flaws in the car. Rather, its simply described as "incredible" and "beautifully kept".

Of course, when I arrived it was immediately apparent that the car was in need of a restoration! The paint was terrible with cracks, ripples, waves and lots of overspray.

The top was not only not from a 360 but in need of replacement and frankly, in need of a complete overhaul, including the installment of hardware for the targa top. Which a 360 doesn't have. Its top stows away neatly behind the seats. (This car has a targa top that, unlike all other Targa top Ferraris, has no room behind the seats to stow the top.)

The interior was anything but "beautifully kept". The entire interior features dried out leather in need of replacement. The leather speaker panel itself is destroyed and when I went to close the door I discovered the armrest is broken as well. Plastic inside the interior was broken. Even the carpet is tattered.

The Air conditioning doesn't work.

The windows barely go up at all as they are missing their frames and not properly aligned. The window rubber looks literally stuck on and is falling off, deteriorated and in need of immediate replacement.

Sections of the body are literally cracked. (Note the photos)

The engine looks like the car was stored outside with obvious water collection stains and peeling red paint.

The brakes don't work properly and the calipers themselves are rusty.

Of course, Schmitt fails to disclose in the Ebay listing any of the above flaws or that the car needs its major service, which typically runs $12k-$14k, or that the car has no books and no records and no tools.

Now, most reputable and Ebay sellers include photos of their cars but disclose flaws, including often times including a photo(s) of the flaws.

I note that the car did have a winning bidder in December. Not surprisingly, he did not follow through with the purchase!

What's most interesting is that he did not leave any negative feedback even though the transaction was not completed.

So, out of curiosity, I contacted the Better Business Bureau. Seems there are lots of complaints regarding "advertising", "selling practices" and "product quality". So many complaints in fact (22 in 36 months, 9 in the last 12 months) that the BBB issued a "News Warning" about Schmitt and regarding the sale of "defective vehicles".

I've enclosed the BBB report that you may also obtain online.

This morning I obtained estimates for the TR based on the photos. They are estimates. The shops said prices could be even higher but they wouldn't know until they started working on the car.

Interior: repair and restore leather and carpet: $5k-$6k.
    Top: $2300 to $2800
    Paint: $8k to $11k .
    Engine/AC/Brakes: $14k to $18k.
    Tools and Books: $1000

So, conservatively, this car needs $27,000 to $30,000 in repairs.

I would like to be compensated for my out-of-pocket expenses on the fruitless trip. I came ready willing and able to buy the vehicle that I thought existed based on your descriptions and photos. I brought a cashiers check. Nevertheless, when I arrived the car that I was shown was not the car as advertised.

I look forward to concluding this matter quickly without any greater investment of my time.

Sincerely,
    Tristram Buckley, Esq.

BBB Reliability Report
    Schmitt Daniel Classic Car Gallery
    3455 N. Lindbergh
    Saint Ann, MO 63074
    General Information
    Principal: Daniel Schmitt, Owner
    Phone Number: (314) 291-4441
    Fax Number: (314) 291-0957
    Membership Status: No
    Type-of-Business Classification: Auto Dealers-New Cars
    Customer Experience
    Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau, due to two or more unresolved complaints. This company sells used vehicles and classic cars. On August 15, 2001, the BBB issued a news warning on this company regarding complaints received by this bureau. Complainants contacting the BBB have primarily alleged improper sales tactics and selling defective vehicles. These allegations are reflected in the complaint statistics below.

The company's size, volume of business, and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by the BBB. The complaints filed against a company may not be as important as the type of complaints, and how the company handled them. The BBB generally does not pass judgment on the validity of complaints filed.
    The following data concerns complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's file was opened or over the last 36 months, whichever is less.
    The Bureau processed 22 complaints about this company in the last 36 months. 9 of those were processed in the last 12 months. Complaints are concerning Advertising Issues, Selling Practices, Delivery, Product Quality, and Service Issues. Of all the complaints filed 6 were closed as Resolved, 13 were closed as Disputed, and 3 were closed as Unresolved.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Mind boggling, both the story, and your request........

There are no TRs for sale, in "LA"?????? Why are you focused on a chop job?

Do you know Fchatter WILLIAM H? He knows this market well, he just bought Mike Tyson's. He is scrapping the ostrich interior....do you like ostrich?

Agreed this dealer is way bad news.....Fchatter Chuck Ligon is in St.L., maybe he'll chime in, or maybe not.

4. Two 512tr's

Two 512tr's Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Matt Gibbon
    Tristam Buckley (Exceliorz), Esq....lol
    You are a scammer and seem to have a lot of troubles involving Ferrari deals.
    Let me tell you a story about him, I advertised a 2001 360 engine on eBay and its location was at my centre in the Middle East. Tristam was persistent in wanting the engine and was a little unsure of sending the money to this region like i understand. His persistence led us to use a third party in California (Black Horse Motors) as a third party to hold the check until the engine cleared and past a leak down check. The main reason that I agreed was his constant vouching for his own good character and how he is apparently a member of the bar and a practising barrister. I sent the engine (actually, they damaged the sump putting it into an airfreight container so I also sent him a brand new Ferrari sump as well) by airfreight like he requested and it arrived. I had difficulties getting the check (I really don’t know what Blackhorse had to gain from this) and Tristam told me he was not going to send the money as the engine was dirty and must have 40k klms on it, he also said the MAF sensors (not pictured) were missing and are part of the long motor when you buy it in the USA. He also mentioned he knows the law very well and I would waste my money trying to pursue it. After several calls to Blackhorse, I finally found out that the engine passed the leak down with flying colours and the real reason was that Tristam purchased the engine to fit into a 328 or something and realised it would not fit and did not want to get stuck with the engine. I guess it was easier to screw me. After a few weeks of trying to rationalise with him, he offered me around 75% of the agreed price and i was left with no option than to take it (claiming the engine was damaged and much more than the 2k on it, actually I offered to send him the odometer but he didn’t want to pay the shipping). He then preceded to scrub the engine and advertise it as an immaculate, 2k in brand new condition.
    Tristam, I done this as a favour to you, you used your position and knowledge to screw me, you are a scumbag and I wish you transmission failure in every Ferrari you own. It is not my game, and it saddens me that it is yours.
    Blackhorse, why did you let this scumbag spoil your reputation?
    I will verify this event with emails if anybody requires.

Thanks
    Matt Gibbon

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    LOL! Matt!

Check his other posts, including the locked down thread where Sean F. engaged him. He was rhapsodizing on possibly the finest used Ferrari in the world, for sale on eBay....his!

He has not acclimatized himself to the personalities here and so has not gotten very far. Most of us know each other, at least in passing....

I Googled him, after that post as a "very busy attorney, even Saturdays and Sundays", as his posts are unbelievable, even for an attorney. We have a few of those here. I even have a few in the family! (blushing in shame).

My advice to him? Take the weekends off and enjoy the weather! Go surfing.....buy a boat, leave us all alone! I don't think he'll get too far invoicing his time to Schmitt Motors, that's for sure!

Thanks for the 'heads up'! Sorry to hear of your experience..

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    We've heard rumblings about Blackhorse, as well........

"Possesion of an attorney is nine tenths of the law."
    I've always liked that one.........;)

7. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Hey Mark, How's the Mondial? Give me a call.

As far as the TR at Schmitt, I saw the car VERY briefly back in July or Aug.
    It definitely looked like a driver and not a showpiece.
    My understanding was the car was sold back then. A few months later they had the car back on E-bay.
    I have no idea what happened to that sale.

Another F-chatter was interested in the car around X-mas. I told him what I knew of the car and offered to go give it a hard look. He realized the car was
    not as nice as he would like and stopped his pursuit.

This is what I know, now what I have heard is, this may be a TR to avoid.

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    THERE'S our man in St. Louis!

Hi, Chuck!!!!!!

*waving*

Don't make a move there, without talking to Chuck.......;).

9. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Tristram,

I am sorry to hear of your experience with Schmitt. I was once looking at a 348 of theirs on eBay, and I found an odometer discrepancy between what the auction advertised, and what the CarFax report (linked directly from the auction) stated. When I called their salesman to ask about the issue, he stated that the auction was wrong, and the CarFax report was correct. The auction ran its course, without any changes. They never disclosed the true mileage of the car in the auction, even after I brought it to their attention.

Unfortunately, I think you are out of luck trying to get Schmitt to cover your time and expenses. Nobody forced you to go look at that car. Even if it was in "perfect" condition, as advertised, you still had no obligation to buy the car. I wish someone would write me a check on every occasion that my time was pointlessly wasted. I would be a very wealthy individual.

Alex

10. Two 512tr's

Two 512tr's Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Matt Gibbon
    Yep big tex, thats the price i paid trying to extend a little help and co-operation to a fellow Ferrari enthusiast.
    The funnt thing is that i was also going to give him a smoking deal on a Euro spec 360 spider i had here, god knows how that would have went.
    He is a man that i think would not be satisfied with a brand new car off the lot, the kind of guy that returns every day to annoy the salesman.
    What is your take on the Esq. following hiw name, maybe small penis..lol

Thats me done on Tristam, i just wanted to get the story out there..

Matt

11. surfdoc37

surfdoc37 Karting

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Mark M.
    Evidently, blew a gasket around the oil pan, causing massive leak, causing fire.

Apparently, no damage from the fire except for a single "singed" spark plug wire. Thanks to my new friends at Edwards Carpet and their fire extinguisher.

Supposedly, engine is running fine at Reid Vann, no sign of damage due to running it out of oil during the 200 yards or so it was spurting out the back.

However, their first crack at getting it through state emmissions was a miserable failure as it scored serially worse times three on emissions. So they're having another go at the fuel system. They think the injectors are OK but that there's a obstruction to flow upstream of there someplace. Also somewhat tardy in having them check compression, and putting a new cat. converter on.

If that doesn't do it I will either shove it off a cliff or auction it on eBay!

12. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I know a lot of exceptional people who are lawyers but I have also met 2 low lifes on 2 seperate occassions that cost me 10k and 90k because of their sumbag tactics. It was a real dissapointment and I too have exposed these guys to people whenever possible. Just because a guy is lawyer doesn't mean you can trust what he is telling you.

13. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon

Glad to hear you didn't suffer any real damage from the oil leak and fire.

Sorry to hear about the emissions problem, I would think troubleshooting the fuel injection system would be pretty straightforward. There really isn't much there. How bad is it failing?

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    NOT a good idea to try more than once on emissions testing......before sorting it out. Texas tracks the FAILS and tags the VIN as a repeat offender!

Bad enough the DRIVER of my cars is a repeat offender! LOL!

Poor Testarossa! Chopped and unloved!

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I mean, that post he typed up there must be worth serious money, if all his time is billable!

His ebay ad was a real masterpiece. Maybe he should have been in advertising.

Per Google he is into Toyota air bag failure litigation......thankfully my Toyota has no airbags. It doesn't even have a cig lighter, we have to use matches.

16. surfdoc37

surfdoc37 Karting

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Mark M.
    CO now passes. HC went from 2 (barely failing vs standard of 0.8) to 4, to 14. NOX also went up. New cat should address some of this.

I know zero about FI, they were describing to me a fuel distributor or something, which would apparently be somewhere between the fuel filter and the injectors, which had flow issues and would deliver alternating rich/lean mixtures that the O2 sensors and computer couldn't deal with. They're trying to blow it out with solvents and compressed air and see if it works.

You know, know that I think about solvents, I wonder if the high dose of Techron (or similar) they gave it to clear the injectors had anything to do with the gasket failure and oli leak?

17. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #17 ExcelsiorZ, Feb 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Jeeze! Where to begin!

First, a Ferrari Chat member posts a question and I provide what I hope is relevant and helpful information in response. I thought that was the purpose of this forum?

Or, was I incorrect and this is nothing more than a gossip and slander posting site?

I say this as "Two 512tr's", aka Matt Gibon, a Used Car Dealer car dealer in the Middle East, jumps on the thread and attacks me and people who are uninformed jump on his bandwagon?

Well, I feel the urge to set the record straight, albeit briefly. Those of you looking to buy a car or parts from Matt in the future should read on.

Matt represented that he had a near new 360 motor with 2k miles on it. It was agreed that Matt would have it delivered to the shop in LA whereupon its satisfactory inspection the funds, held in escrow by the shop, would be released to "Two 512tr's".

Well, the motor, which Matt represented had only 2k miles a disaster. Those of you with new Ferrari 360s know what your motor looks like when your car has only 2k miles on the clock.

I'm posting photos of the motor so you can see for yourself what "Two 512tr's" sells. These photos are of the motor as it arrived in LA and at the shop. The Ferrari technicians stated the motor looked like it had at least 40k miles, with indiations of long term caked on grease and grime. The kind you find after long term use. The motor's oil pan was cracked and bits and pieces had been removed from the motor. According to Two 512tr's, his people in the Middle East had started to strip the motor for parts!

Frankly, at that juncture, I no longer wanted the motor. Matt offered to knock a couple thousand dollars off the price. I agreed and he was paid. Yes, he lowered the price but (a) what he shipped me was anything but what he described and (b) he did get paid!

Now, see below the 2k mile 360 motor I got from Two 512TRs.

With respect to the reimbursement issue. I know some may find it unlikely, but think about it. If you drove an hour to look at a car only to find the seller had totally misrepresented the car, wouldn't you be PO'd? Now, what if you had to check in at the airport at 4:45 a.m. on Saturday morning to take two flights to St. Louis, spend the night at an airport hotel, rent a car, loose an entire weekend, only to find the car you'd traveled so far to see was not REMOTELY like the car represented? This is not like driving half an hour and being ticked off. I went with cashiers check in hand hoping to buy the car that I saw on Ebay. A car that doesn't exist as pictured and described.

Sad truth is it seems most people lie about what they are selling. Yes, my 308 was exceptional. Yes, it sold for $43.9k. (There's a whole thread with mature individuals stating I'm "on crack" for trying to get more than $37k for the same car!) Yes, I have had three people give me their numbers if I ever have a car like it again, ready willing and able to pay for a good 308. Yes, Ferrari Chat has many people who participate who claim to be experts but who wouldn't know a 250 LWB spider from a 250 SWB spider. Or, for that matter, who really don't know s#@t about Ferraris in general. But I digress.

Hopefully this forum will be used to help people enjoy there Ferraris and not as a means by which people attack people.

As for Two 512tr's, I'm forgiving and rather busy, but pushed too far and filing an action for slander here in LASC may be my unavoidable choice of last resort. So, please keep your negative, nonproductive comments to yourself. I note, you added nothing to the thread which began as a question regarding a particular Testarossa.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Back on subject, the St. Louis / Ebay TR spider did exhibit extreme chassis flex. Even over moderate road irregularities the window shield flexed pretty wildly. If I were to purchase such a car reinforcement of the structure would be a must. Note, the chassis flex was pretty severe even though there was an "X" frame installed. Frankly, I don't think the X makes much of a difference. If you think about the coupe as an egg, its strength comes from its ability to spread the load. When Porsche chopped the 968 it made what amounted to an inverse horse shoe shaped reinforcment of the chassis. A "U" shape running from the rear bulkhead, through the floor, to the firewall and up to the windscreeen frame seems to be a good way to go. Anyone have any experience here?

Also, anyone know of any TR convertibles for sale? Anywhere?

19. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

After the set of tirades you have posted here, do you truly expect anyone to want to help you?

This is supposed to be a pleasant community, a place to enjoy our hobby. Attacking other members, threatening legal action, and similar behaviour is not appreciated.

You've shown yourself to be combative, would you not expect people to be leery of helping? Who would want to risk a lawsuit just for passing on information about a car?

20. dharmadan

dharmadan Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    PA USA
    Full Name:
    dan r
    glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=3730685#post3730685

najaboy

21. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    "After the set of tirades you have posted here, do you truly expect anyone to want to help you?"

Perhaps you should review the series of posts: My posts are RESPONSIVE and DEFENSIVE and filed AFTER your fellow Ferrari chatters filed negative posts.

I didn't start a post by stating I was "on crack" thinking I could sell my 308 for more than $37k (It sold for $43.9).

I didn't start a post "Is Tristram Buckley a scumbag?"

The Moderator of this "community" should moderate. E.g., Permitting a thread started that specifically does nothing but attack me seems improper for a Ferrari forum.

To be frank, I have contributed far more than I have received. I have posted photos from the Ferrari musuem of their 408 motor in the debate over the 4 liter 308; photos of a silver TR convertible in response to a request from one of your members; and provided useful information to those inquiring about the TR conv on Ebay based on my personal observations of this car.

In addition, people have, without my consent, posted photos of my 308/355 on this site.

I suppose the next thing I'll see are the photos of my GTO bodies 308 with the 360 motor in it!

Bottom line, if I'm attacked I will defend myself. Period.

Now, does anyone have any interesting Ferrari projects?

Am I the only one modifying my Ferrari?

Anyone drop a 512 TR motor in a 308 lately?

Anything interesting out there? Anything?

22. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    re: ExcelsiorZ
    I guess we're going to have to put up with this guy until he moves on.

Hey Rob,
    can you create an "ExcelsiorZ" filter so we don't even see his posts?

23. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I've reviewed all your posts:

1) A series of posts advertising a supercharger kit for a 308. Did this ever go into production?

2) A series of posts explaining why a radiator you advertised as fitting a 308 won't actually fit a 308. There's also a subthread in which you explain why a you're not responsible for an unsatisfactory car purchase by another member, despite the fact you sold him the car.

3) 1 post in which you imply ownership of the Blackhorse 355/308 conversion.

4) a couple of posts in the 4.0 thread

5) and then, we get into the various "my 308 is worth 45K, you're all fools not to see that" posts

6) The infamous "Tristram Buckley" thread, in which all parties really need to keep private stuff private.

I'm just curious why so many "fellow Ferrari Chatters" seem to have a problem with your business practices over such a long period of time?

You've been registered for quite some time here, but I don't think you understand the community. The role of the Moderators is to ensure that threads are in the right place, that spammers & scammers are removed quickly, and to make sure obscene/objectionable material doesn't stick around. It is not our role to take sides in arguments (usually), nor is it our role to stifle discussion. No moderator "permitted" the thread to be posted -- the individual who posted the thread is responsible for it. There are times when Mods will try to persuade individuals to reconsider their behaviours and actions -- that goes on behind the scenes quite a bit. Rarely do we have to get out the whacking sticks :D

If you have questions about the role of moderators, talk to Rob Lay. He owns this joint.

Yes, we just went over your contributions. Congrats, you own a cool car. Anything else?

I find it amusing that you in one breath claim posting pictures of someone else's property is a contribution, and then claim that others need permission to post pictures of your property. You are a lawyer, I would expect you to have a better understanding of the law. People can freely post pictures they take of objects in the public view, just as you did with the Galleria Ferrari photo. If you are claiming actual copyright on those photos, then contact Rob per the terms of use you agreed to when you joined the site. Be aware he has a really good copyright attorney willing to do him a favor...

Most likely. Cool cars are welcomed here. Want to post the pics yourself? It will save time and effort :D

Perhaps it's your profession, but you must learn to distinguish the discussions from personal attacks. People attacked me when I was discussing placing a trailer hitch on the 328, but I didn't take it personally. Relax, this is supposed to be a fun place, a place to enjoy a hobby. It's only a battleground if you make it one.

You really don't want to start strutting in this forum. There's much more going on here than meets the eye, and you'd be surprised at some of the contributors to this site. Once again it's about community.

Again, evidence that you really haven't been part of the community. Yes, people are modding their cars. Russ, Will, Mark, Paul, Jeff....and many more. You may also note that we know their names. Fill out your profile, Tristam, and read some posts. You'll learn a lot.

Tristam, I really don't know what to tell you. It really sounds like you could fit in here well if you'd just relax and drop the false superiority complex. Yes, there are people here who mod their cars, and your participation on other threads proves you already know that. There are people here who routinely put 10s of thousands of miles a year on their Ferraris, and drive them everywhere. There are those who own the multi-million dollar showpieces, and there are those who drive multi-million dollar showpieces.

It's your call. The white flag is up, the truce is here if you're willing to take it.

24. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I'm too busy to go back and forth like this. Perhaps you can explain to me how stating people "are on crack" or "scumbags" isn't a personal attack. And yes, I'd be love to see there are people out there, other than a very select few (E.g., Mark with his very cool supercharger and Nick with his awesome 4.0) who are dropping 355 and 360 motors in 308 chassis and supercharging/intercooling 308s and Mondials and putting 355 mm / 8 piston brake kits on these cars. That's what I believe should be included in a "Ferrari forum". Critique a persons engineering for the benefit of imrovements? Yes. Attack an individual personally? Well that's just a waste of time.

By the way, regarding the aluminum radiators, shows how one bad apple spoiled it for everyone. Yes, I put these aluminum radiators in my cars. THey are super light weight and cool down the Ferrari like you would not believe. And yes, they typically drop right in. However, thanks to that thread, I said screw it. I'm not supplying anymore aluminum radiators. I do this purely as a hobby. One less cool product on the MKT for the Ferraris.

25. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M