The Holey Daytona | Page 35 | FerrariChat

The Holey Daytona

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Wheels1, Jan 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #851 Wheels1, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I decided earlier this year to keep my car, it was just so much hassle trying to sell it myself. Its now running the best it has done since the restoration, although I have not driven it as much as I would like this year. Another car has side tracked me a little [ see pic ]

I was asked to help with an article for MSN and here is a link to the finished piece:-
    Ferrari Daytona

Grant
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

VisualHomage likes this.
  2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Congratulations on the F12, Grant. Looks fantastic!!! Even better to drive, I bet!!!

3. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Glad to hear you have decided to keep the car, and nice article Grant.

4. Jürgen Geisler

Jürgen Geisler Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    Grant, from my side congrats to keep the Daytona, the F12 is surely nice, but the Daytona is unique!

5. SWBTom

SWBTom Rookie

May 26, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tom Bryant
    A most enjoyable article. Thanks for posting the link. I'm glad that you decided to keep the car. After all that work you should enjoy it.

Tom

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The MSN article is a great read. Just enough detail but that only hints at the arduous task of chasing the knowledge and parts for the spyder version. Much satisfaction now that you have completed your Ferrari to the high standard you have chosen to pursue.

7. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    #857 bighitter2, Oct 8, 2016
    Hi Grant, what a nice pair of Ferraris , glad you kept the Daytona! My car now has 2800 miles since restoration and rebody and now in for major service and address a few issues,you were kind enough to send to me a drivers top of door spider molding,do you by chance know of a passenger side? This is one of the things i would like to address while the shop that built the car has it,thanks Chuck Coli in the US pictured in monterey concoro italiano 2006 ( red car top down) sitting with 3 factory spyders

8. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
    #858 Ferri, Oct 10, 2016
  9. Jürgen Geisler

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    …think, I saw the dark blue Plexiglas Daytona for sale at Carugatis last year. Very nice early car without headrests and wooden steering wheel...

10. Jürgen Geisler

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    #860 Jürgen Geisler, Oct 15, 2016
  11. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Well the sun was shinning and I had a new video camera, so I thought I would give it a go. I have never been impressed with the sound on video's, so that is mainly what I was testing, plus I was having a good time doing it! Next time I will get my son to hold the camera and do the voice over, it was a bit tricky on my own as you will see.

https://youtu.be/Y2WZCjqaD_o

12. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Thanks for posting, Grant. Both cars looking fabulous!!! F12 sounds fantastic!!!

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    So glad you kept it for a time, after all that effort.

Looks (and sounds) wonderful!!

14. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #864 Wheels1, Aug 13, 2017
    It was a perfect day today.
    So We took the Daytona out for a run and meet some friends on the edge of Thetford forest at a farm cafe for breakfast.

We took the scenic route back [ just over an hour] and it was far less stressful than the main roads. The car ran like a dream.
    I took a couple of pics with my phone, it does look good in bright sunshine, I had to put the roof up when we got there as the car park was gravel and a little dusty even though we parked well out of the way.

15. pcht5

pcht5 Karting

Jan 31, 2009
    Asia
    Full Name:
    PCHT 5
    I'm glad you still have the Daytona. It's beautiful. Just wish mine is as clean as yours.

16. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Many thanks Paul. I am sure yours is just as clean and beautiful.

Well I have not used my Daytona as much as I would have liked this year, I had prostrate cancer at the end of last year [ all clear at the moment], so we decided to do may Ferrari events this year which meant putting lots of miles on my F12 as its more user friendly for luggage, and flying to Italy for the celebrations.

I have put a few photos from this year below as my Daytona has been at a few events:-

First was the FOC national concours [ the first three photos] and second was Silverstone Ferrari racing days and thirdly, I was asked if my car could be displayed at the NEC classic car show on the FOC stand to celebrate its 50th and Ferrari 70th, it was nice to see Ferrari had put some 70th stickers on the car for the event. The classic cars show is a massive classic car show all indoors with 5 halls of classic cars, and I felt very privileged to be asked to display my car as they had a lot of great cars to choose from.

17. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
  18. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    It was a lovely warm day for the first time this year, so I went for a drive and took the long way home, roof down, car running great, what a better way to end the day.
    I got home just as the sun was going down.

VisualHomage and Daytonafan like this.
  19. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Looking great Grant. Can't speak for other Daytona's but for mine the more I use it the better it runs, and I've somehow considering the weather I've done 700 miles in it in the last month.

TTR likes this.
  20. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Hi Grant,glad to hear your driving your Beautuful Blue Daytona! I am getting a minor refeash on mine at the moment,my mechanic
    Said it is running the best it has ever run ( now with 2800 miles since built to Lemans Specs and full 'nut and bolt' ) after 19 years i thought of selling
    HOWEVER when i LOOK at and DRIVE it i just can't do it...so i will keep and enjoy it ..we can't take them with us..all the best my friend,Chuck Coli

21. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
  22. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    And the trip [ a bit of fun]

davidoloan likes this.
  23. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Beautiful car. What is the specific name for this color blue? (don't want to look thru 35 pages) Thanks