Tow Eye Needed | FerrariChat

Tow Eye Needed

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ricambi America, Jul 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

No, I don't "need" the towing eye, but I think I should probably carry one with me just-in-case. I've got the toolkit, but the eye is the one item that's missing.

Where can I find a junkie/cheap/not fancy towing eye for a 1990 348? As far as I'm concerned, it can be made by child labor in China -- as long as it works. If I'm ever watching my car get hauled onto a flatbed, I don't really think the "style" of the towing eye will matter to me. Any ideas?

-Daniel

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Make one.

Buy a piece of 3mm flat plate approx 100mm wide and 200mm long (varies depending on best location on your car) ... drill a couple of holes to attach it to somewhere on your car ... drill a much larger hole for the tow truck hook ... grab your grinder and shape the plate so it looks great ... sand it ... prime and paint it ... let it dry ... bolt it on the car.

Piece of cake. Cost = bugger all + bugger all time.

Pete