Tubi 360 Headers | FerrariChat

Tubi 360 Headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by rjklein, Nov 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Has anybody used the 360 headers with a 360?

2. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Well don't all talk at one time. There has to be sombody on this board who has installed Tubi headers.

My set up not is tubi + test pipes = Me very happy

Oh, FYI no check engine light.

3. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    I have wanted to order the Tubi headers for a long time, but the prospect of installing them has been putting me off. In the future if I have to do any work on the engine, then I will buy them. I would also like to hear any comments from anybody who has them. I have the same setup as you - Tubi, cat pipes, and filters.

Ernesto

4. gripet

gripet Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    south of Chicago
    rjklein, what year is your 360? mine is 2001 and I get the check engine light all the time

5. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003

The first couple hundred miles after the conversion I would get a light on and off, but now it does not come on at all. I just did a 800 mile trip with it, and it was fine. Have not seen the light all summer.

6. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    Only a couple of Tubi 360 headers were made and I can confirm they are not available off the shelf. Power increase has been negligeable.
    Moreover, the Tubi headers do not have the air injection rail and we know what that would do to the ECU. Tubi do make a 360 Challenge "set up", strictly for the track, not for the street. The headers of the Challenge Tubi will only work with the Tubi "GT" exhaust which is also only for the track (slip-on connection/no falnges).

7. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    I'm using the Challenge headers on one of the race cars. Have converted the slip joints back to flared ends with no problem, and could be done with a road car. The pipes are 4mm larger inside but the flange entry is the same from the head surface, and the exit pipe is the same also. Torque gains are negligable but power and response is better. Noise seems same. The heatshields are hand built on mine, but later ones are wrapped properly.

They can be installed very easily in about 4 hrs with only minimal effort, so don't let that out you off, but if running pollution controls you'll just have to ignore the warning lights or spike the system to suit.

8. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Hang tight everyone! I'll have a set of headers and a new custom exhaust to post in about ten days that will turn some heads. Thats all I can say for now!

9. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

i have a euro 360 with a tubi (read: euro headers) and for some reason my car is much louder than a normal 360+tubi config.

10. Roberto360

Roberto360 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    I'd like to resurrect this thread.

I'm looking on putting Tubi Headers on an 04 360 Spider before my OEM's fail.

Questions,
    Do they have the air rails?

If NO then what's the ramifications and work arounds?

TIA,
    Roberto

11. jpk

jpk Formula Junior

The Ferrari 360 OEM headers are not as problematic as they are for the F355 and the F430. They may develop a small crack, which you can have repaired for much cheaper than a full header replacement. The pre-cat failure appears to be an exception rather than a rule for 360s.

Just thought I'd throw that out there since you seem to imply you don't have a failure but assume it will happen.

12. Transhuman

Transhuman Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    Cloverly
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Roberto - the Tubi headers do not have air rails. They will require an ECU flash. I have them on my 360 and with the correct ECU flash, I haven't had any CEL issues.

13. Roberto360

Roberto360 Rookie

May 25, 2013
  14. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    This is joe at fabspeed motorsport USA
    I have extra air injection rails for sale that you guys can purchase and retrofit onto European style F360 headers for North American USA Ferrari 360 cars. Any competent mechanic or shop should be able to adapt these to Tubi or other aftermarket 360 performance headers.

One person mentioned that his European spec F .360 was a lot louder than the USA F 360 and that is factual because all North America Ferrari 360 cars had a pre catalytic converter jammed into the factory 4 into 1 header for california emissions purposes quick cold start emissions light off .

Catalytic converters really unite a cars exhaust system and all USA 360 and 430 cars have 6 catalytic converters. On the challenge Stradale and 430 Scuderia Ferrari eliminated the header precat for a significant power gain along with sports car sound. This helped justify the special end of production rate special models that we all love.

Equal length high performance headers with F1 high velocity merge collectors really wake up these sleeping beauties along with sports racing catalytic converters, catbypass pipes straight pipes with aftermarket lightweight mufflers. Tubis, capristos, and other rear mufflers sound extra great when some of he restrictive factory catalytic converters are eliminated.

15. ParkCity360Spider

Sep 20, 2010
    Park City, Ut
    Full Name:
    Tim M
    Joe at Fabspeed has headers with the rails and they sound great and no CEL issues. I installed them on my 360 this summer.