Vancouver Ferrari owners, come out for lunch Saturday 4/16! | FerrariChat

Vancouver Ferrari owners, come out for lunch Saturday 4/16!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by f355spider, Apr 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Okay, it's officially Spring, and time to dust off the cars, and get them out for a spring stretch! The Seattle gang is inviting you to meet us for lunch near the border at the Semiahmoo Resort, Blaine, WA, USA http://www.semiahmoo.com/contact_map.asp. This is a little "meet and greet" in anticipation for our annual treck up to Vancouver for the Italian Car Show in June.

So, here's the plan:
    We expect to meet you at the Fred Meyer parking lot in north Bellingham around 11am on Saturday. Take the first Bellingham exit (will be marked for the "airport") and head east, to Fred Meyer (big signs, you can't miss it). We will depart from Fred Meyer around 11:30am and take the "scenic route" to Semiahmoo, heading west, then north along the water. We will arrive at Semiahmoo around noon perhaps a bit later.

Reserved parking will be provided for the Ferraris just to the south of the main building (to the left when facing the main entrance to the hotel). If you come in something other than your Ferrari, no problem, but please park a bit further down, as we are planning some group photos of all the cars for our newsletter.

Please give yourself ample time to cross the border. The past two years, people have had waits of up to one hour coming southbound, using the Pacific crossing. You might consider crossing at Aldergrove or Sumas, but that is a bit further east. Crossing times can be checked for Peace Arch and Pacific here: http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/ATIS/index.htm I am uncertain how accurate this information is though. I always listen to 1130 am radio for the most current updates (announced every ten minutes).

Looking forward to seeing and meeting you all!

2. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Dave, Tom and I will be there

Todd

3. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    Depending of my schedule, I should be there also.

4. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Excellent! Look forward to seeing you guys!

Dave

5. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Weather report is not promising, but several of us "die hards" will come rain or shine.

Cross your fingers:
    http://www.king5.com/weather/10day.html

http://www.bcctv.ca/forecast.jsp
    Oh, btw...I had my picture taken with the "weather-babe" Tamara Taggart at the PNE in 2003...I still have the picture on my fridge! I think it was as special for her, as it was for me. ;)

6. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I will be there rain or shine

7. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    Don't tempt me, she came into my parent's store on one of my work shift and man, I wish I hadn't been so damn shy!

8. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    It's rained every day I've had the 348 so far, I'd expect nothing less than heavy rain on Saturday. I'll be there with Todd.

9. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    That's the spirit Tom. We run in the rain, just like Formula One!

See ya there,
    Dave

10. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    BTW, check the link from King 5 news, they are predicting sun breaks by early morning...hang in there guys!

11. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Rainy start, but ended up with a sunny day after all. Thanks to all of you brave enough to come down. Great meeting you all!!

I'll see you all in June, if not before. (thinking of coming up in May with some friends that will be having Tubis installed on their Gallardos.)

Regards,
    Dave