Wheel spacers on 360. | FerrariChat

Wheel spacers on 360.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Russ Birch, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Just installed 15mm front and 25 mm rear wheel spacers on my 360. The change in the car's appearance is very nice. Makes it look "correct" and "finished".

BUT>>> Last night while driving, I turned into a parking lot at about 10 mph and went over a pretty good sized bump. At first I though I had scraped the front valence (which happens from time to time while entering or exiting steep driveways), but when washing the car this morning, I found a chunk out of the front tire and the lip of the wheel well had been pulled out a bit. A 1" wooden dowel and small mallet put the bodywork back like it never happened (whew!).

Okay, does anyone else have the same wheel spacers? Has this happened to you?

The car seems to feel the same with or without the spacers, but I like the look. Should I crank down on the front springs one turn or will that mess up the front/rear balance? I know I want the suspension to be as soft as possible to maintain tire-to-road compliance, but I would like the opinions of some race tuners as to whether or not I am heading off in the wrong direction.

Thanks in advance!

Russ