WORLD DRUNK RECORD - 7.22 BAC ! ! ! | FerrariChat

WORLD DRUNK RECORD - 7.22 BAC ! ! !

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ferrari, Dec 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    THIS is unbelievable

RIGA, Latvia (Reuters) - Latvian police said a drunk picked up with around twice the blood-alcohol level considered deadly had probably set a world record but would wake with a hangover to match.

The unidentified middle-aged man was unconscious but stable after a blood test showed 7.22 parts per million of alcohol, police spokeswoman Ieva Zvidre said.

An average person would vomit at around 1.2, lose consciousness at 3.0 and stop breathing at a level of about 4.0 parts per million, Zvidre said, adding: "This is one for the Guinness Book of Records."

The hospital's emergency ward head Martins Sics told reporters there was no record of anybody having survived such a dose, even in neighboring Russia which takes pride in its vodka-guzzling traditions.

"He won't remember a thing when he comes to," Sics said.

2. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    where did you find this?

3. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    My buddy at work was telling me he heard the same story today on Paul Harvey. I said no way!! Maybe we can get an opinion from some medical professionals on the board.

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
  5. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    *cough*bullsheeyit*cough*

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

Hey buddy I heard it on NPR so it must be true ;)

www.kcrw.org

7. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=2&u=/nm/20031219/od_nm/drunk_dc

Correction, it should be .72 BCA . . .

About 13 years ago I worked a DUI Field Task Force in the Valley where they brought in a transient (don't ask me why they picked'm up) who blew either .5s or .4s . We let him sit for a couple of hours 'till he was below .3 so we didn't have to admit him to a hospital.

Now I wish I had kept a copy of the printout . . .

8. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3335019.stm

A Latvian man has recovered after drinking enough alcohol to kill two normal people.

Tests showed that he had 7.22 parts per million of alcohol in his blood, while four parts per million would usually be fatal.

The man was taken to intensive care on Wednesday, but was well enough to talk to journalists on Thursday.

He said he had got drunk because his wife left him - and his wife left him because he drank too much.

He did not remember how much drink he had on Wednesday night, when he was found at a bus stop in the capital Riga.

"The last thing I remember before passing out was a bottle of home-made alcohol I took from someone," he told a Latvian newspaper.

He said he did not know whether he would behave differently in future.

Health official Martin Sics told reporters that there was no record of anybody having survived such a dose before.

The Latvian press says a 30-year-old man found dead in February 2001 had >>>8.25<<< parts per million of alcohol in his blood.

Police spokeswoman Ieva Zvidre said an average person would vomit at a level of about 1.2, lose consciousness at 3.0 and stop breathing at around 4.0.

She told the BBC she did not know whether the man who survived 7.2 parts per million had set a world record.

But she added: "I don't think this is a good way to get into the record books."

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wow... Crazy stuff... Anyone gonna attempt to break this record at the party tonight...? :)

10. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Probably be you, buddy...

"DES you animal! get off the roof!"

:D :D :D

11. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Don't know how true that story really was.......but.......

When I in the army, our armored corps officer's mess had installed a new coin operated breathalyzer in the club, so that those of us who wanted to could measure our level of intoxication prior to exiting the facilities.

Well...the first week we decided on Friday afternoon after the inter-unit rivalry known as "sports day" to see who could get the HIGHEST reading.

The MP's said the thing was accurate, as they had measured it against their "official" unit that they used for testing and charging impaired drivers.....so FWIW we started drinking and blowing at 25 cents a test. I remember recording a reading for myself of around 2.0 BAC before I stopped consuming......and the winner was some airborne Lt. by the name of David Jones who recorded 3.35 before passing out on the floor and being rushed to the MIR (infirmary).

Ahhhhhh......those were the days. Hic...burp.....

12. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    It must be .722. At .40% everyone should be dead. .08 is the limit for DUI in NY. 7.22% is just impossible, 7.22ppm is not the same as 7.22%. Is .722% the same as 7.22ppm?

13. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Thats not the biggest ever. A couple of years ago, in all the news papers here in Denmark and probably the rest of europe also, about a finnish man found on the highway oncouncios (Can't remember how you spell it, but he was not present, a blackout or what you call it :D) - He was measured to 11,6. That's ****un crazy.

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...! They've said that to me when i'm sober, though...

15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Was he, by any chance... a drummer?