2008 599GTB - One of the great buys at Barrett Jackson Vegas Auction | FerrariChat

2008 599GTB - One of the great buys at Barrett Jackson Vegas Auction

Discussion in '612/599' started by TeamF1Jr, Oct 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I'm vaguely familiar with the 599 market to the extent I know most are in the $140k to $170k range, but I was at BJ Vegas auction yesterday and was shocked to see what I felt was one of the steals of the auction.

It sold for $97k or $106k with fees. Granted it's an auction and you only know the very basics about a car, but at least at a visual level the car looked well taken car of. It had 7300 miles on it. Not sure if it was real steal or if this in fact is the true current market

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2008-FERRARI-599-GTB-FIORANO--234157

2. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I saw this also, great deal if it is a clean car!

3. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    That’s a great deal given the mileage and assuming well taken care of. The same cars you’re seeing now for 140-170 were 20k less early in the year. I don’t see them moving at these prices too much and I think prices will come down now with winter approaching and we’ll see if they go back up.

Oddly enough the F12s didn’t have an upswing and they’re going to continue pushing prices down on the 599.

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Meanwhile I feel the 458 spider was overpriced at 300 at the auction

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

5. rondm

rondm Rookie

May 31, 2008
    I saw the same car and was shocked at the price. This car was sold by a Texas dealer that had it on their site for $169,000 prior to bringing it to BJ.

6. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    It's funny, DirecTV chose that EXACT time to lock up on me so I wasn't able to watch it roll through however I told my wife what it went for and she said "you really need to register as a buyer". Hell, I'd drive it for a year and then sell at a profit. That car went amazingly cheap!

7. BT22

BT22 Rookie

Aug 7, 2019
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Brian
  8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    There is what appears to be a very nice 2008 599 above in FerrariAds for $137K.

9. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    It most definitely is, there are just way too many exotics to pick from in the 100-200k bracket. Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini and McLaren have completely changed the game in the past 10 years (especially last 5 years) and the glut of used cars has now started to hit properly.

someguy, BOKE and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  10. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    That's the same point I've tried to explain on the 355 and Testarossa pricing threads where some members think these cars are undervalued. As much as I love Ferraris and am hoping to own a 599 in the next few years, once you get over 100k, you have options galore. Honestly speaking, most of these options are subjectively better but they still lack a bit of the "soul" many Ferraris have.

someguy likes this.
  11. crmlcruiser

crmlcruiser Karting

Dec 28, 2005
    Carmel ca
    Full Name:
    Michael

12. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    This shows that the dealer that bought it at BJ and flipped it on Bringatrailer didn’t understand the market. He must have been thinking he would resell it for $150K. Who would go through the expense and hassle of buying and flipping an exotic (and inheriting potential liability if you are a dealer) to gross before expenses and taxes $20k. Yes this car at BJ was a great deal but only for someone that wanted a keeper.

So the lower end of the 599 market is now $120 to $130K and the lower end of the 612 market is $70 to $80K. Interesting stuff. Encourages me to drive my 612 until the wheels drop off.

Makuono likes this.
  13. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I have never loved driving a car more than the 599. I started DD my car and it runs great.

uhn2000, RonH, Makuono and 1 other person like this.
  14. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So excited.. I just picked up a 599 that I plan on DDing come spring time! I was even thinking of putting winters on it to use it in November and early spring! Mint condition, black on black - just a beautiful spec!

of2worlds likes this.
  15. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    might suck to find out the shocks are leaking for a $12k replacement....

16. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It doesn't have to be that expensive.