430 - 2009 F430 Gearbox Oil and Filter Change | FerrariChat

430 2009 F430 Gearbox Oil and Filter Change

Discussion in '360/430' started by Extreme1, May 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Just got the car two months ago and did the fluid change myself. It was one of the easiest things I've done. Didn't even have to jack up the back of the car. I pulled the diffuser off, made sure I could remove the fill plug, then removed the drain plug and removed the filter. I replaced the filter just because. Refilled with about 2 1/2 quarts of Valvoline 75W-90 full synthetic.

I have to run to my inde shop tomorrow because the last hack mechanic used a Phillips screw in place of one of the 10mm bolts on the bottom of the diffuser. WHY the hell would someone do that?

I would recommend any F430 owner to do this fluid change themselves and save several hundred bucks, it was so easy. Also you know it's done right!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Yes it is easy. Done right includes blowing air up the heat exchanger lines to get that oil out too. But I don't bother. It comes out clear every 2 years I do mine.

flash32 likes this.