Advice on 456GT jack and spare | FerrariChat

Advice on 456GT jack and spare

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Angel Bello, Esq., Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Angel Bello, Esq.

Dec 10, 2003
    My 1995 456GT came with no jack, tools or spare.
    Needless to say, I continually find myself fearing the next blow-out, especially with the family on board.
    Need info on where to buy a spare that would fit the 4 corners of the car, plus the lug wrench and exact socket size, plus factory tool kit.
    Would love to buy a professional rolling jack like the ones mechanics use, but the car is too low for the ones I have had access to, plus I don't know the recommended jack-up points for this tipe of jack.
    Thanks in advance.

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  3. Angel Bello, Esq.

Dec 10, 2003
    Dan:

Thanks a million for your prompt response.

The trunk on my 456 has a "round basement" underneath the level you first see when you open the trunk, with the diameter of a regular space saver tire.

I wonder whether there exists such a spare for my particular car, with the appropriate offset to clear both front and rear hubs... just food for thought.

Regarding the jack, I am placing my order tomorrow for one, obviously in red.

Happy motoring,

Angel.

4. jimveres

jimveres Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Ferrari sells a spare tire kit for the 456. There are different part numbers for different countries and different part numbers for the 456GTA.

The part number for a USA GT is: 163054. Back when I bought one in 2000 the cost was $1,370.88. The kit includes a mini spare tire that fits in the wheel well in the trunk and a jack kit in the usual nice leather case.

5. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
  6. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Marin Calif
    Part # 17.....knee pads?

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Actually, they look like some sort of gauntlet or sleeve, but they should just put some gloves with a long gauntlet on them, like those dishwashing gloves... :)

8. Angel Bello, Esq.

Dec 10, 2003

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They are sleeve covers, so you don't snag on your cufflinks!