ANOTHER lift question :-) | FerrariChat

ANOTHER lift question :-)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Doody, Nov 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    yes, just when you thought there couldn't be any more lift questions possible.....

:)

i'm looking at this SS-7000 lift that everybody seems to sell and resell. i'm not even sure who the hell actually makes it anymore, truth be told.

what i want to know is how closely i can put two, side-by-side. has anybody seen any side-by-side installations of these beasties?

doody.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Doody, this lift thing you are talking about, does this have anything to do with these emails that I've been getting about blue pills????

Sleepless in Texas

3. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    http://www.eagleequip.com/products/lifts/storage_service/ss7000.htm

I think spacing will depend on the quality of the concrete underneath. How much pressure can you put on two adjacent posts without exceeding the load per square inch rating of your floor?

They also sell a caster kit for the storage lift, but I hope they're better than the wheels on the "portable" low-rise PAD-6000 that I got. I wound up getting a couple of refrigerator caster kits from Ace hardware to move mine -- the factory wheels from Eagle are pretty useless.

I'd have gone with BendPak, but Eagle has a sales office in Massachusetts, which came in handy for "special" delivery. Normally, they expect you to have a heavy duty fork lift to lift it off the truck. The trucking company they hired couldn't get it off their "lift gate" truck, so the salesman brought it out on a car trailer.

If you're getting two lifts, I'd think about making one a "frame lift" type. (Or a four post with frame jacks). You can't even change tires on a "storage" lift. (I just today switched the EVO to its winter wheels/tires on my lift (with the frame blocks to clear the side skirts).)