anyone Moscone-bound? | FerrariChat

anyone Moscone-bound?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by lukek, Nov 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    Is anyone going to the dealership event at the Moscone this Saturday? I got the invite for some pre-Auto show reception. Champagne, horse ovaries (just kidding), and a preview of some new Maserati models (90th Anniversary Spider?)
    We are trying to dump the kids at my sisters' in Oakland and make it a night out in the city..

2. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I'm not an owner, so no invite. But I'll be going Sunday morning.

3. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Well, nothing special from Ferrari at the show, only a 575 in Corsa and a 612 in Nero Daytona met. If you go, look at the back of the sign behind the 575M. You'll see it says "Berlinetta Convertible" with some other stuff and some velcro strips...apparently they're re-using a sign form Pebble, but they took the picture off. Some new paint and leather samples for both marques. They are actually selling stuff at the Ferrari stand, seems like tyring to liquidate all of that 50th Anniversary stuff, albiet still at retail. They also brought in 3 women, whom I guess are FNA employees, in addition to the normal dealer contingent. They had the Q'porte, GranSport, Coupe, and Spider on the Maserati side. Elsewhere, the Aston stand had the DB9 coupe and convert., DB AR1, and a Vanquish S. 2 supercars were present, the CGT and SLR. I don't nkow, but I'm really not that much of a fan of the SLR. There was a Murcie roadster at the bottom of the stairs as you walked in (been there, done that). So nothing was really "special" per-se, but if you've got a couple of hours or something where you don't have anything to do, by all means check it out.

4. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    The added attractions of the preview show the night before were the free booze (horrible champage in the main hall, but I found a booth with kingfisher beer), no crowds, and the food in the ferrari/maserati corral.
    I have to agree with you on the SLR, it looks overdone. I did like the Ford GT, the new five hyndred (that would make a nice incognito commuter, in white, with a spotlight and some push bars in the front). Seeing the Mustang in the flesh was a dissapointment, particularly the quality and texture of the plastic in the interior (I am spoiled forever after having owned two Audis).
    What else was cool?
    Two tone bug, new 997, a yellow C6, a display of something like 40 Corvettes, from first series to z06...., a hydrogen hummer with gov. arnold's sountrack in the background....
    Check it out, it is an excuse to get to the city.

5. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Luke, I'm sure it was definitely much better with nobody there and added amenities. That's why I like going early, so I usually end up with about 20 minutes or so without anyone else around at the exotics area. Figured that out last year, it's nice to enjoy the cars without all these people crowding around.

The Ford GT isn't a bad looking car. From when I saw it at Indy in '03, it looked good. Just not that impressed with that big displacement, essentially a supercharged truck engine. Otherwise though, a nice looking car.

BTW: Did you hear about the protesters who apparently went in and were protesting around the Hummers? I remember seeing them outside when I left around noon-1 ish, so apparently they went in after. Just glad they went after those and not the exotics.

6. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    I thought it was a fantastic show! It was my first chance seeing the 612, and despite the fact that I thought it looked ugly and goofy in pictures, I quite liked it! I also liked the Maser gransport. Aston did a great job with the 2 DB9's, Vanquish, DBAR1, and DB2, or whatever the old one was.....the 75 Ferrari Dino 308/GT4 was quite something! The Carrera GT was stunning as always, as was the GT3....the SLR was quite beautiful, the Murcielago Roadster very nice, and the Ford GT TO DIE FOR, imo. what a fantasticly beautiful car! the Corvette show was fantastic with many C1's stingrays, mako sharks etc.....I was very pleased they let you sit in a C6 and Panoz Esperante....and the little Elise, as always was sweet. All in all a very nice show for someone who hasn't seen as many nice cars as most of you probably have.
    -brady