Barchetta values | FerrariChat

Barchetta values

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by CodeRed, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    Any guess' as to when he Barchettas will hit $200K? I am starting to see them around $250K. Might not be a bad way to go based on the limited production.

2. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I don't think you will see a Barchetta at $200k. I believe they are leveling off, and will start to slowly climb. If you see a U.S. car, with low mileage, at $250k, I would suggest you buy it - that's a great number.

3. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

An extra $150K (on a used car pricing basis) for some modular wheels, sport seats and a chop job is not exactly what I would call value.....even if they only made one example.

4. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Keep in mind that Ferrari will introduce a real convertible 12 with the replacement of the Maranello. At that point, i would think the value of the barchetta will sink even further. Four hundred-forty eight cars is not really limited production in the sense of making the car collectible, although as time goes on, it may prove to be a curiosity. That's still quite a while away. Still, its a great car if you live in Arizona.

5. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I think the lack of a real roof makes it a bit of an albatross. Even the 911 speedster has a roof that works.

IMHO about the last F-car I would personally buy. A Mondial-T cabrio is well above it for me. However a real 550/575 Cabrio would be a great car. The personification of what front engined GT should be.

6. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Poor design on the convertible mechanism on the barchetta