Brake Booster Hose Question | FerrariChat

Brake Booster Hose Question

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by christopher, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. christopher

christopher Formula 3

Nov 29, 2003
    Ontario California
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Hey fellow "F"-Chatters,

Question: The Brake Power Booster hosing (from frt. power booster to rear engine manifold), should the hosing be liken to a higher pressure? Should the wall tickness be important? I found something similar,and was wondering if I can use it. If not, anyone know where I can get the approved hosing. It's exterior is braided, anyone know how much I'll need?

Thanks fory your help.

Chris.

2. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

On my 308 I used napa weatherhead hose. It works ok for me. I bought 16 Feet and had some left over that I used for the heater hoses in front.

3. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    I can only guess how much work it is to replace. As such, I'd make sure (through the vendor/manufacturer as needed) that it's vacuum rated! I'd hate to go through all that just to find that it collapsed after a couple of years because it wasn't vacuum rated. No detailed suggestions, sorry.

4. christopher

christopher Formula 3

Nov 29, 2003
    Ontario California
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Thanks to all that replied!

Appreciate your help.

Chris.

5. Morrie

Morrie Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Sarasota/Asheville
    My tech discovered that someone had used old heater hose on mine. He replaced it with braided. I don't have it back yet, but I'm told the brakes are greatly improved.

6. enzoferrariphil

enzoferrariphil Karting

Oct 26, 2004
    Solana Beach CA.
    Full Name:
    Philip Ponzio
    It is not a fun job , So do it once. The hose you are looking for is vacuum booster hose.braided on the outside ,reinforced with steel on the inside. any other rubber hose will collapse over time.