Clutch slave cylinder bleeding 3.2 Mondial 88 | FerrariChat

Clutch slave cylinder bleeding 3.2 Mondial 88

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by AMBII, Aug 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AMBII

AMBII Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Does anyone have step by step instructions on bleeding out the slave cylider.
    This was reccomended for my problem, which is that I get gear grind when trying to shift into reverse only. I have no problems with forward gears, I have new seals on the linkage in the gear box with new lube.

2. maserati424

maserati424 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    frank gablenz
    At the slavecylinder there is a bleeding vent.Put a hose on it maybe from a motorcycle it must be aclear one.
    Open the vent by using a 7 or 8 mm forkwrench don´t know the exactly wide.
    You need a second pair of feet.
    Open the reservoir for Brakefluid an check the level and a add a little brakefluid over max.
    The second pair of feet push the clutchpedal 2 or 3 times to the ground and hold it there.
    You now open the bleeding vent, maybe you see your problem within the bubbles of air going out.
    close the vent and repeat for 4 or 5 times.
    after all you should hva a better feeling on the Pedal if not you got another problem with your clutch.
    The first you should do ,i think at last, look about leaks in the hydrauliksytem.

3. maserati424

maserati424 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    frank gablenz
    Forgot to say, the other end of the hose must be placed in a glas or bottle or something like that, and if the old fluid in the cylinder is not clean then beed it a little longer