DAYTONA ROLEX 24: JAN 24-27 | FerrariChat

DAYTONA ROLEX 24: JAN 24-27

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jan 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Ok, I'm getting the itch to see some racing.

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/news/rolex_24_at_daytona/

https://secure.racetickets.com/DaytonaInternationalSpeedway/ft/TicketSales/index.cfm?event=tixList&TixEventID=1850&HeadlineStoryID=17456&EstablishmentType=T&EstablishmentKey=3&showCart=no

It's here again....it's very real...and if you have not seen it, been inches from the cars as they pass on the banking at the Start Finish Line...then you have no idea and need to expereince this event. What I like about this event as you can get up close to the action, and the drivers as well as the cars. You walk the paddock anytime, and pitt lane before the race, standing next the drivers and their machines. It is also insane that they run for 24 hours, just amazing. The action at night, with the fire from the exhaust and glowing roters, and wrecks being bought in for repair as you again, watch up close, is a sight you must see at least once if you are a true race fan.

My Suggestions are as follows:

1-The Milestones weekend-You will drive two laps on the track on Friday, and then have lunch with some of racings greatest. A few years ago I was lucky enough to meet Bennie Parsons, David Hobbs, Brian Redman, and Derik Bell. As you know, you will never have the opertunity to speak with Bennie Pasrons again, so I really treasue that breif converson I had with him after the event. I find these people to appreaciate their fan base, and they are willing to share with us ordinarny folk.

2-Two Day Champions Club-This gets you into the Dayton Club in the infield. This 4 or 5 floor club has all the amenities you could want. Large glass windowed bar with TVs, cattered meals, as well as roof top viewing for a limited number of ticketholders.

Below is an outline of the tickets:

2008 Rolex 24 at Daytona
    Saturday, January 26, 2008

Each January racing's greatest stars pack their bags and head to Daytona for their chance to tackle North America's most prestigious sports car race - the Rolex 24 at Daytona. In 2007, more than 100 championships were represented, making the Rolex 24 at Daytona the ultimate gathering of racing's who's who.

4-Day CHAMPIONS CLUB - $495
    Enjoy four days of sports car action in Daytona's historic infield, including four days inside the DAYTONA 500 Club, as a member of the Champions Club. This exclusive package also includes delicious food and beverage all weekend, 10 beer/wine tickets, garage access, souvenir program and gift.

2-Day CHAMPIONS CLUB - $350
    Enjoy four days of sports car action in Daytona's historic infield, including two days inside the DAYTONA 500 Club on January 26th and 27th, as a member of the Champions Club. This package includes delicious food and beverage all weekend, 6 beer/wine tickets, garage access, souvenir program and gift

EXECUTIVE SUITE - $515
    Frontstetch Sprint Tower suite access on Saturday and Sunday. Includes garage, paddock and infield access Thurs - Sun. Preferred first come first serve parking. Continental breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, champagne brunch on Sunday, unlimited soda and water, (6) beer/wine tickets, event program, and souvenir gift.

MILESTONES CLUB - $165
    Milestones Club access which includes: 4-Day Super ticket, Sprint FANZONE access, light breakfast and lunch (Friday only), Reserved infield parking, souvenir program, drive in own car for Pre-Event parade lap on 3.56 mile road course.

ADVANCE SUPER 4-DAY TICKET - $85
    This all-inclusive pass allows daily access to the infield and grandstands to enjoy all four days of action. Also includes Garage Access, Sprint FANZONE and daily infield parking. Overnight parking begins 1/26.

ADVANCE 2-DAY INFIELD/GRANDSTAND - $40
    Saturday/Sunday admission allows access to both the infield and grandstands along with Sprint FANZONE

UNRESERVED 2-DAY GRANDSTAND - $30
    Saturday/Sunday admission for the unreserved grandstand.

Let me know who is interested in attending this event, as it is past time to move on tickets and accomadations. Let's go!

A Dopo:

David
    www.fca-sc.org

2. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Good to see you back on fchat David. The threads have been empty without you! LOL

3. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    of course this always falls on the same weekend as one of my big trade shows.......grrrrr

4. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just got back from Daytona and the first week of Cup testing. Back next week to do the drill over again. I love the atmosphere of that track, the history, the garage area layout, and back in town, the hard-packed sands where beach racing started. The odd thing is the town itself. Of all the beach resorts in America, Daytona must have the highest concentration of pawn shops and bail bondsmen. Oh, and gun shops. And let's not forget Rent-A-Wheel, where you can rent-to-own tires and rims. But as far as racing is concerned, it's arguably U.S.'s Mecca. Sure, there's Indy, but it's so hard to see more than a 1/4 mile at a time at that track.

I saw signage up for the Rolex 24, and it peaked my interest, as it did 2 Januarys ago when I was last down for testing.

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #5 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jan 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I want to go sooo bad but it looks like I will be in Texas this weekend. I think the Milestone club is no longer at Daytona. Im not 100% sure but I think Camping World is in that building now. As I was at the Speedway for the Brumos 250 race in July I went to that particular building and one of the managers said it was now owned by Camping world.

7. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Headed down Thursday evening...will be crewing with Koni Challenge team.

8. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    We have two area guys racing in the Koni Challenge, so let's pull for them: Go Rob Whitener and Eddie Gramcisci. I should have know why Eddie was fast-he's from Argentina-same as Fangio as they drank the same water. Eddie, congradulations on your USA Citizenship. I bet he knows more about American History now than most of us natural born citizens. Go team!

http://www.fountainmotorsports.com/

The race team will be running 2 cars for the entire 2008 Koni Challenge Championship Season, the #127 and #128 ( the former #126 ) BMW 330i’s in the Street Tuner class. The team is planning on attending all 10 races and running for the whole race season under new owner Jeffrey E. Bock. Sponsoring the team to start off the season will be returning sponsors, Hawk Performance Brakes, Marren Fuel Injection, and Rogue Engineering.

Driving for the team for the season will be Eddie Gramisci, who was born in Argentina, lives in Greensboro, North Carolina and became an American Citizen in 2007. Eddie has been racing since age 16 running anything from a 2 cylinder 1960 BMW De Carlo, to Kawasaki 750 super bikes, to running in the Bertil Roos Formula 2000 race series. Eddie owns a New York Pizzeria, and 10 real estate properties in Greensboro. Also with the intensions of driving for the season will be James Rowen, from Great Falls, Montana. James has been running go-karts, autocross, SCCA Solo 1 since 2000, and also instructs at local tracks. James works as a project foreman for Talcott Construction a commercial construction