eng. light /02 sims and test pipes | FerrariChat

eng. light /02 sims and test pipes

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by vanny, Feb 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vanny

vanny Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    buffalo ny
    Full Name:
    van molenberg
    i know this subject has been discussed.i looked back in old threads to get some ans which i did.however i know some of you have tried the 02 sims on the aft connection of the test pipe to correct and eliminate the eng. light from coming on.before i buy the test pipes i would like a futher update to any problems since it has been a while.my is a 2000 360f1.any help would be appreciate. thanks van

2. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    i don't think the check engine light is a big deal. mine was on until i did a regular service. the dealer shut it off and it has not come back on since.

3. gripet

gripet Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    south of Chicago
    I installed the test pipes last year right after the Indy F-1 race. The sound is awesome. I tried to solve the engine check light by using two chips from Casper's electronics. The left bank worked the right side didn't. So I still get a light. The car runs fine. You can get another chip from Heiko at HGparts here on the board for $5000 but you might want to consider just ignoring the light. You can get an OBDII engine analyzer from Parts America for $120 which will give you about 50% of the codes. Strange codes can be identified if you ask the guys here on the board. By the way, the cops tell me that can hear me coming from across town so expect a little more attention. Overall, there is nothing like cruising around town on a sunny day acknowledging the accolades of F car affectionados. Have a blast!!