Fender Shields | FerrariChat

Fender Shields

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ZINGARA 250GTL, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I know some of you have been looking for shields. John Borchelt of San Carlos CA has some nice ones in a couple of sizes. They are magnetic but, can be applied well using 3M double sided tape. I purchased a set for use on my other cars and am very happy. John ships quickly and is reliable. He has an ad under memorabilia. Cheers, Ken

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Ken do you have a URL for John?

3. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    No, I don't. However, he has an ad here in chat under "memorabilia." He just put it in yesterday at my behest. His phone number and a picture of the shield are in the adv. Cheers!

4. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    Granat,

Thanks for the plug. I sell magnetic 3D shields that in my opinion, do look really good on the car.

You can check them out on my new website at:
    www.maranelloauto.com
    (old site www.cimbridge-software.com/ferrari.htm)
    You can also call me at +1 650-520-4822.

Mention Ferrarichat and I'll include a free Scuderia sticker for your toolbox as well.

I run the shields on my black '83QV and they add a nice dash of color to the sides. Being magnetic, they can easily be taken on and off. This makes them not the best solution for a daily driver but great for the weekend drive. The magents are strong enough to handle any speed (OK, I have not tested them above 125MPH!) I've sold over 80 pairs and never had a complaint.

I have dealt with a fair number of people who add them to their non-Ferrari cars or to aluminum bodied cars. For them I will have the shields available soon with the auto adhesive pre-installed.

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Thanks for the info. I'm checking them out now.

6. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Maybe Rob should create a new forum, "Shield discussion"