Frenc Olympic swimmer Bernard prediction is wrong :) | FerrariChat

Frenc Olympic swimmer Bernard prediction is wrong :)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by cessnav8or, Aug 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    #1 cessnav8or, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26067251/

USA Relay team Cullen Jones, Michael Phelps, Jason Lezak and Garrett Weber-Gale won the gold in men's 4x100 freestyle relay. So much for Bernard's prediction.

2. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    one of the best races i have seen.

3. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i know next to nothing about swimming, but i know that was a HELLUVA race! even the one before it, where Katie? Hoff looked like she won it but lost on the last stroke of the race to pick up a silver medal was a great race

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    An amazing amazing race, Jason Lezak's closing and then touch out for the win was just unbelievable. You never see someone close that quick in the 100 free especially against such a strong swimmer. The Frenchman just gave up! ...not really, but that's what it looked like.

5. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Yes it was. All three medal winners was beat the previous record. That was an awesome race.

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    The crazy thing was, so did the 4 & 5 finishers! Those are the moments that make watching the Olympics great. But I believe a giant "Suck It!" is in order. Oui?

7. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I thought that all four American swimmers handled themselves quite well. It would have been easy to stoop down to the level of the French swimmers, but they maintained a level of class in their celebration. That said, I'm certain that every one of those guys was thinking exactly what you said.

8. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Agreed. I think it was all said and done over a few glances back and forth. Phelps even made a point to step down and congratulate the French team on the podium.

Along that line of thought, my wife and I got talking about different sports and athletes, and swimmers tend to be some of the classiest and coolest around. You rarely see a swimmer who's a diva, talking smack (I don't even really consider the French comments trash) or marred in trashy tattoos.

9. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Almost yelled out last night when I saw them win but I would have woken everyone in my house up, so I stopped myself. Amazing Race!

10. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I was certainly cheering outloud when Lezak was gaining ground at the end of the race. One of the best races I've ever seen in any sport.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I did yell out loud and Mia had just been asleep for an hour in next room. Didn't wake up.

12. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    What a great race that was, and Phelps did it again an hour ago, amazing swimmers.

13. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Oui!