Good Medicine Tastes Bad. | FerrariChat

Good Medicine Tastes Bad.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, Sep 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I like high gas prices.

It seems it will be the only thing that will ever cause Americans to conserve gas, buy more efficient cars and reduce pollution.

Public policy will never do it. Private citizens are only buying bigger SUVs and "Hemis". Air pollution is worsening by the day (at least over the Great Smokeys).

Will it stop enthusiasts from driving their 12 cylinder cars? No way; a 2 hour blast at 8 MPG is still cheaper than around of golf or sporting clays!

High prices will help assure availability for all of us that love fast cars and motorcycles.

So, if prices got on par with Europe all the better.

$6/gal gas anyone?

:)

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Doesn't bother me.

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    The police car gas is free----$10 a gallon--dont care!!!

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Recent events have emphasized that it's important to be self sufficient and rely on the government for very little IMO. Higher gas prices while having little impact on the rich will seriously affect those finding it tough making ends meet.

Maybe it's because of the holiday weekend but I've noticed a lot fewer cars on the road.

5. el Carnicero

el Carnicero Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2005
    West of Laramie
  6. Vang

Vang Formula Junior

May 5, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I would be right with you if gas prices didn't have a huge impact on our economy. Unfortunately, they do.