Help on buying a weber DCNF | FerrariChat

Help on buying a weber DCNF

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Countachqv, Mar 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I have found 2 44 DCNF carburetors in good shape with the short velocity stacks. I am not sure what I should pay as a fair price. Could anyone help figure this out? I figured $500 for both toghether.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'd buy 'em for that if you can get 'em. They look to me, from the couple places I looked, to be worth close to that each (retail used) if they're in running condition.

DM

3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    In excellent shape, for a matched set of 4, $2000 minimum. Buying 2 now does not guarrantee that you can get another 2 with matching linkages, stacks, jets, and state of tune.

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

But wouldn't you agree that they are not that easy to find, and you'd grab 'em, even if it's only half of what you need?

Can't linkages, jets, etc be purchased from Pierce Manifolds, or Weber.com?

5. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I am confused about matching. jets I can find anywhere for cheap. Linkage not sure if this has to do with the carb or the car itself. I am buying the carb and horn, will replace jets and seals, bowls and will have them tuned for the car. Is the linkage rather a part specific to the car or is it more to this on the carb itself? I am mostly looking for the bodies and horn for replacements.

6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Don't pay more than $200 for each as they are only less than $400 each new.

Don't worry about the jettings either, you can get any jets at any size new at

Pierce Manifold. Talk to Mike http://www.piercemanifolds.com/