If a CS has a power cube warranty... | FerrariChat

If a CS has a power cube warranty...

Discussion in '360/430' started by tuonoR, May 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    Is it proof that a belt service (ie, 15k) has been done?

I'm looking at a CS, where the seller says that the belt servicing was done Nov last year. They don't have the paperwork from the service nor the stamp in the service book from the dealer who did the service. However, the car has a powercube warranty that was purchased at the same time. The seller says that the servicing dealer would have had to do the 15k (incl belts) in order to get the warranty extended, so even though there is no documentation the fact that the car has a valid extended warranty is proof that the 15k has been done. The car does have a stamp for its 5k service

This makes sense to me although it is annoying that there is no dealer stamp in the book.

Is this logic consistent with the "rules" as it pertains to a powercube warranty on the CS?

Thanks...

2. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    #2 duskybird, May 25, 2008
    Last edited: May 25, 2008
    If it was done at a Ferrari (factory) dealer you should be able to get the records using the vin.
    The "logic" is consistent with the rules.......... but?????

3. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    Ferrari will not offer an extended warranty unless all other services are up-to-date. I purchased a powertrain warranty for my CS and was required to do the belt service before they would sell the warranty to me, even though my CS has only 4K miles. So, if you have proof that the CS has the warranty from Ferrari, I'd say you are OK.

4. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.
    Dumb question maybe, but why not just call the dealer who did the belts and request a copy of the invoice?

5. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    Not a dumb question, going to call monday. Seller said he couldn't get it from them (the seller is not the owner of the car), which nonetheless seemed odd to me. The dealership is the Wynn in Vegas.

Anyone have a good contact there for me to speak with?

6. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    So to close the loop, I talked to F of North America and verified that they check for hard documentation for every power cube warranty extension that is issued (ie the dealer who sells the warranty cannot unilaterally decide to grant a warranty extension). Unfortunately FoNA doesn't keep that documentation but at least they aren't going on the dealer's word. But at a high level, you can pretty much assume that if the car has a power cube, the work is up to date.

As an aside, had a pretty good experience getting their assistance to check these things out--within 2 hours, they verified whether the car in question was on active warranty, what the inservice date of the warranty extension was and what work would have been needed to be done as of the warranty date.

7. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    all you need is the owner's authorisation to the servicing dealer to release service records to you. i do it all the time

8. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    What Watt says.

The belt service is not a 15K service and therefore the owner's manual will not be stamped for that service. FNA scheduled maintenance recommends a belt service every 3 yrs. or 30K miles whichever occurs first. Predicated on the 'in service' date this car should have completed 3 annuals, 5K and belt service.

9. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    Interesting point on not having the stamp. That's very helpful to know.

I did try to get the dealer records, but this one is tough. Servicing dealer (Wynn) can't find the records, owner has a credit card receipt with a sufficiently large charge at the Wynn but doesn't have the actual service paperwork, car has the powercube that was put in place at the 3-year point to extend for 1 year.

So what I have to go on is what Ferrari NA told me which is car couldn't have the powercube without having had the belts done. Skeptic in me asks how could the Wynn have "lost" the records but then again I've heard the wynn had close to 100% personnel turnover last year b/c of an operational restructuring. Anyone verify that?

Thanks for all the help guys.

10. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    In order for the car in question to be eligible for the PC warranty the dealer is required to forward the applicable service records to FNA for their approval. As a last resort you can contact FNA Warranty dept. with the VIN to confirm the service.