It's awfully quiet around here | FerrariChat

It's awfully quiet around here

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Nov 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    ...wassup, you guys all busy driving your cars while the weather lets us?

I did just that. Third day in a row. Even fixed a long standing problem with the stereo (well, had it fixed...) and tinkered some more with the electronics.

As I was sitting in a parking lot near the lake, a guy walks up and starts talking about Joe Marchetti. Turns out he was one of his restaurant managers and we talked about good ol' Joe and his cool attitude how he tossed his keys to his employees and wished them a good day driving his Ferraris. Amazing! I only had once the fortune to mee the man himself and he was nice enough to invite to one of his X-mas extravaganzas. Spectacular. After a while the jogger took off again. These cars bring back some nice memories and some people together.

Just thought I wanted to share.

2. Dave330gtc

Dave330gtc Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2002
    NW Indiana
    Full Name:
    David Smith
    I always enjoyed talking to Joe Marchetti.. His annual summer Ferrari picnic at the farm in Lemont was fantastic. I bought a Ferrari from him and also sold one to him. At all times he was a perfect gentleman and a great host. He truly was an enthusiast. I will never forget the first time I was in his garages jam packed full of Ferraris by the Como Inn. This was probably around 1976 and there were so many old cars you could hardly walk between them. I only wish I would have taken pictures back then. That was an experience I will never forget.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    When I was invited to his X-mas part in the Galleria, I didn't bring a camera (unlike me I know) and I regret that till today: It was a wonderful party with the highlight being a "fashion show" on a catwalk: The girls only wore "dresses" made of chained together Italian car emblems including of course Maserati and Ferrari. It was quite stunning and I wish I had some pics of that event.

The city lost a great character and supporter of our brand last year.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hi guys! di ya miss me? I was having problems with my computer all weekend,and just now got back on line.