Jacking points: F355 | FerrariChat

Jacking points: F355

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Robertb, Jan 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I need to take the wheels off my 355, but my hydraulic jack's "end bit" doesn't fit the jacking points on the car.

Anyone got any views on how one should jack the car up without causing £££s damage?

Cheers,

Robert.

2. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Robert,

Had similar probs with 360, Look in your user manual.
    This has all the major Car lifting points.

Be careful, If in doubt leave it, and let an expert do the job.

joe

3. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Robert

I made a plate to go between the jacking point and the jack, don;t try bits of wood etc it doesnt put the pressure in the right place, ony thing is I havn't seen it for a while, if i find it I'll post here and you can drop round for it

Mark

4. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thanks Mark,

I'll await your post...

Regards

Robert.

5. ninja_eli

ninja_eli Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ali
    Robert, I had to recently jack up my 360, and faced a similar problem. The jacking points at the rear are quite obvious if you look carefully, and they are also probably better to use for jacking the front also (the main weight is at the rear, so it will lift the car enough at the front for you to remove the wheels).

What I did in the end is use an "air balloon type thingy" (sorry forgot its proper name doh!:) ), it has a rather large mat that you place under the car between the car and the balloon, so it has really good weight distribution. Place it as accurately as my theory was that it would be as good as a jack in the right place! (I'm waiting for someone to tell me it was a wrong move..... so if it was, please do say!.... I'll get rid of my car and swap it for another before any Vmax runs he he he)

Anyway I think its made by Draper called a air jack or some**** like that.

Be careful anyway, apparently its really easy to damage these cars in that way.

6. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Ninja,

Thanks- I've seen those airjacks advertised, they look good. I guess as long as you're careful not to damage the undertray you should be OK.

I remember jacking up my Jag E-type Roadster (supposed concours restoration by last owner, yeah right) once, and when it was up on the jack the doors wouldn't open!

Robert.

7. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    No, don't tell me, let me guess.... :D