Just got back. | FerrariChat

Just got back.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Dale, Jan 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi guys just got back from autosports,ferraris what a super collection old and new,women walking all over the place not much on got some brill pics,you wont be disapointed get up there.
    walked into prince edward oh dear didnt know who it was,said sorry he was ok about it.
    Dale.

2. harmitc

harmitc Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Bernard R
    I went too, even on trade day very busy at the F'car display!

There is a 360CS is Scuderia with Lexan windows! The colour is certainly "bright" but looks great. Otherwise a full selection of 288, F40, F50 & Enzo together with classic's & F1's.

Plenty of Bling crap in some area's, Engineering section v.good, but only on Thurs/Fri.

To anyone that goes, checkout the F cars first!!!!

3. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi Bernard,i also go mainly for the racecar engineering,its just so good to get under the skin of these cars,i agree Bernard there are certian areas where there is complete rubbish,had to register today while doing it with two friends a gent came over to me and gave me a free pass including entrance to the arena,he said have you got a pass no i said there you are thanked him and shook his hand what a gent,i was just shocked why he picked me out from so many others?,
    talked to race engine people,suspension people,chasis fantastic the british racing industry,
    cheers
    Dale.

4. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Dale,

how long did it take you to go round the exhibition? I am trying to plan my time for Saturday as I need to be back in London for 6pm. I am wandering what time to leave ! I sure hope it's not raining so I can have a good blast there and back !

Cheers
    Philip

5. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi Philip,walked into exibition at approx 10.15,left at 4.45,
    Time wasted=in the live action arena 45min's,its ok and i dont mind it but
    one chap we were with insist we go in so we did,oh Philip 30min's in the bar for a pint and sandwich very nice lunch indeed,that was my timescale and saw a lot,wait till you see the ferrari's Philip you just walk though so many and they ALL look beautiful,
    have a good day saturday,
    Dale.

6. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    Would anyone who has been at the NEC send me or post some pics of the Enzo?

Just PM me and I will send my email adress.

Many thanks

7. harmitc

harmitc Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Bernard R
    Arrived 9.15am left about 1.30.

No lunch, and about 75% of that was in the Engineering Exhib' thats only there Thursday/Friday. Depends on how long you want to look a alloy wheels......... etc. I would expect 3hrs should do it but the crowds could slow you down on Sat', especially in the F'car area.

Have fun.

Bernard

8. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #8 360CS, Jan 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  10. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Thanks for posting the pics Tony,borrowed my sisters other half's new digi camera for the show,theres a switch on the top for video,yep thats what i got,a video of my shoe's,and a couple of pictures of gp cars im gutted,i best stick to the spanners,at least the family had a laugh at my shoe's,
    Dale.

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Dale,
    you nutter, that's funny! Happens to us all, mate.
    T

12. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    "Arrived 9.15am left about 1.30.

No lunch, and about 75% of that was in the Engineering Exhib' thats only there Thursday/Friday. Depends on how long you want to look a alloy wheels......... etc. I would expect 3hrs should do it but the crowds could slow you down on Sat', especially in the F'car area.

Have fun.

Bernard"

Thanks Dale and Barnard. I guess 3 hrs will be enough. I may set off a little later then !

Philip