Le Mans | FerrariChat

Le Mans

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by darhart, Nov 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darhart

darhart Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    london
    Full Name:
    darren
    Anyone here going next year??? I've just booked up thursday morning Newhaven - Diepe crossing, staying in Houx Annex. Could be good to get a bit of a convoy going.

2. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    Definitely going, not sure where from, but it would be fun to hook up beforehand.

3. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Definitely going.

Last year we booked with 2 weeks to go at Novotel (£60 per room per night). Sounds like a gamble paid off but the crowd I go with always do this and 75% do well because fo cancellations.

We will be going earlier, possibly Monday) as I will get cambelts done at Paris dealership (Ferrari France labour rates are 35% of Ferrari UK rates!). From there onto Le Mans on Wednesday or Thursday.

Last year my F1 pump failed and I spent Thursday/Friday going to Paris for repair. As such, I never got to do Mulsanne last year in the early hoours. So even if we can't do convoy there, I'd be interested in a straight convoy and brunch next year.

Wife due late Feb - she can't make it so I already have pink pass..

4. darhart

darhart Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    london
    Full Name:
    darren
    We'll see what we can sort out then, I didnt get do the Mulsanne either, no car car trouble just never sober enough :)
    Castex i see your in Rouen, I managed to get completely lost going through there last year ended up halfway to Paris and had to guess the way to Le Mans from there!

5. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    Yes, Rouen. Tricky. You managed to get out, then - nice one. It's not that I don't love this city...Actually, it is. Anyway, after 2 years it still feels like I'm on holiday, what with all the people speaking French and all the snails and baguettes and stuff.

6. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Have England just won the world cup? Yes, then i will be going. have been going every year for many years now. Even though i leave it to the last minute, i always manage to get hotel rooms.

Two years ago through my press acreditation, i was given the oppertunity to do several laps of the full 24 hour circuit in my 355. Going down the mulsanne straight at over 170mph was, with the exception of the birth of my children, the greatest event ever.

Lets get together and meet up down there.

Stewart

7. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Stewart

Tell me when you are setting off and I will give you a head start.

Izza

8. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Shall i take the RS6 and break your heart AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Stewart

9. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I missed it last year but I'm definitely going next year.

Stuart & Izza, i'll be happy to 'mix it' with you on the way. It would make for an interesting drive :D . I will ask girlfirend to take pictures of the scenery to appreciate later

10. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Girlfriend??!!!

Best keep that one quiet otherwise all the wives and girlfriends will want to join! Ha Ha! This would cause issues since the last time we 'mixed it' Mr Paton had to lie when he got home and told the wife he doesn't race on the roads. The truth was he had been left at the lights but if 'er indoors found that out he wouldn't be coming to Le Mans!

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Stewart,
    bit off-topic but how do you rate RS6. I've read rave reviews and previously had RS4 but expanding family meant a 5 Touring replaced that. I like the look of a M5 Touring but that's a bit further down the line.
    Regards
    Tony

12. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Hi Tony

Take delivery of my RS6 on Saturday. Spectacular during test drive !

James

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    James,
    did you have any mods. done.I read in Evo that you can fit a monster exhaust, bigger! wheels etc....are you going to make the ride-out @ Westerham?
    Tony

14. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Hi Tony

No mods done yet. I suspect that I will end up with exhaust and probably chip it which takes it to 520bhp !. Not sure yet if I will make it as depends what time I get back from the dealer.

What time do you expect to be at the pub until ?

regards

15. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Hi Tony,

Iam a Ferrari man through and through and have had many other high performance cars, but i would have to say that the RS6 as an all round package is the best car that i have driven.

As far as performance is concerned, they say that it is limited to 155mph. I am here to tell you that whilst driving in Belgium last week this figure was well and truly passed and i dont mean by just a couple of mph.

Regards
    Stewart

16. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

You are going to love it. I live in north london if you are ever in the area give me a shout and we will go out and break some hearts.

I guarantee that you will never here a better sound than the turbo's on a RS6 kicking in.

Regards

Stewart

17. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

The conversation went something like this. Nick do you want to go to Egham in the car that will come first or second? Nick rather supidly choose Ian and the 360. Who do you think had to stand on the Ferrari UK car park waiting for the car that came second? yes your correct me and the beautiful and spectacular RS6.

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    James,
    hoping to get there for 12-45/1.00 pm. Maybe see you ?
    T

19. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Stewart/James,
    thnx for the info on RS6.I don't "need" to change the Touring at all but when i hear feedback like yours it makes me want to!
    Tony

20. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Stewart

Whilst gentlemanly enough to admit I saw you jump a set of red lights to get to Egham first Fiorano and I have been discussing the results from 'mixing it' and every time we do the same question arises - 'Where was Stewart?'

The same answer always pops up - he was way behind us !! Probably on the wrong side of the road in a vain attempt to catch up.

As for the RS6 can you answer me one thing. Is it a trait of all Audi drivers that they talk to traffic lights or just an affliction you suffer from? You have been repeatedly spotted by FOC London members talking out of your stationary car window at traffic lights when the rest of the traffic is already moving past. You see, my wife is getting an Audi in the new year and I will need to assess at that point if she is going even more barking or if a contagious disease has been spread by the seats of her Audi.

21. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    All

Before we digress too much (I am as guilty as the next person) if we are going down to Le Mans at different times is it worth making a point of being at a certain bar on Friday p.m. (either before or after parade) in order to have a few refreshments and swap tales.

With Bentley forging ahead last year it was fascinating to hear Stewart reminiscing about how Le Mans has changed since he saw Bentley win the previous time. I am sure with his age and experience he could suggest somewhere suitable to meet.

Izza

22. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

You see the problem we have here is one of clarity. Rather than 'Jumping' red lights i think you will find that being in the correct lane when the lights went green done the trick. So vision, driving skill and a car that has recently been voted No two in the world clearly won the day.

23. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

The pit lane for those of you with the relevent passes.

24. darhart

darhart Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    london
    Full Name:
    darren

And for those that don't? How about somewhere in the town after the parade?

25. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I think it shouldn't be too hard for Stewart to remember a bar in the centre of town.

I will provoke what thought I can with a phone call tomorrow.