Looking for information: 308 series | FerrariChat

Looking for information: 308 series

Discussion in '308/328' started by dantm, Feb 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    Hi, I think I am getting closer to my first Ferrari and I'd like to make it a 308 series. One thing I'd like to know is the breakdown of what years and versions are recommended (I read the reviews at www.qv500.com but I want direct experience if possible). What are the different versions, I know there was a light fiberglass version, carburated, fuel injected, etc. Which has the most HP, which is the most reliable, etc., etc.

Also I absolutely *love* working on cars, would it be possible to do most of the maintenance on this car myself? I don't think I'd ever sell it after buying it so the records and documentation is less valuable to me than the experience and joy of working on the car myself. Any recommendations in this aspect?

One more question - the only thing that I hate about the 308 is the front bumper, but I've seen the (is it the Euro) 288-style bumper on this 308 which looks amazing!!! Is this a bolt-on?

THANKS!!!

2. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    1) Try Ferrari 308 FAQ

http://home.att.net/~ferrari/

2) I would also recommend a thorough search of the archives. There is a large amount of discussion on the 308.

3) There is an issue of Forza that has a 308 Buyers Guide.

4) I have, somewhere, the Official Ferrari 308 Buyers Guide that I got off of FerrariNA awhile back. I will try and locate it and make it available to everyone.

Start on 1 - 3 and I will get working on 4 ASAP, I do not have a scanner so it will take me until Tuesday to copy it to Word. I will ask Rob where to post it.

3. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
  4. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
  5. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Good luck on your find. I am on #2 308. I had an '85 QV and now own an extremely early '77 Euro. Awesome car that is a blast to putz around in!