LOWER RADIATOR HOSE ON A DAYTONA | FerrariChat

LOWER RADIATOR HOSE ON A DAYTONA

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by steve meltzer, Jun 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Is the radiator hose (part #42 TAV9) that runs from the pump outlet to the special three way pipe and then on to the lower radiator orifice a special hose? I ask because the pump outlet has a rim/ridge that is of a slightly greater diameter than the smaller diameter on the three way pipe. (that pipe is part #41 in TAV 9). Unless there's a special radiator hose that's of a slightly greater diameter at the pump end and a lesser diameter at the pipe end, you must fight the pump end (i lost, or wouldn't be writing) or you choose a hose that is sl too big on the pipe end. The drawing in TAV 9 of the hose, part #42 does look like it's got different diameters on either end. Also the hose clamps are of a different size on either end. thanx steve

2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    i believe the serflex clamps are of the same size(same stamped number)

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
  4. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    i didn't check the clamp numbers, but the shop manual shows them to be different and mine are def'n different...the upper clamp being a larger diameter to accommodate the increased OD of the water pump's outlet. So, Timo, is the hose a different ID on either end, or the same? If it's the same, is the hose the smaller ID (or the pipe) or the larger ID of the WP's outlet? thanx. steve

5. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    oops! i cleaned them up and all four in question are indeed Seraflex "12"l, now whata bout the $^%^$%$ hose? thanx steve

6. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I think I just got one of these from FerrParts; one end has 37mm inner diameter, and other end has 29mm inner diameter...

7. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Correct! A special hose with different diameters on either end, as TTR said earlier. steve

8. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I actually don't think Timo verified the nature of the hose. At least not on this thread.

Regardless, I wanted to document the ID difference that you asked about.

9. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Actually, I verified. :rolleyes:

10. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I guess I figured that the "yes" did not necessary apply to queries that came after that posting... :)

Like I said, I was mostly trying to answer the query about the inner diameters being different.

Just trying to help...

TTR likes this.
  11. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    ... me too.