Mobile Tire Service | FerrariChat

Mobile Tire Service

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by 410SA, Sep 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I recently had the sharp end of a box cutter blade embedd itself in my 575's right rear tire. Totally unrepairable due to the nature of the gash (half inch across). The tire pressure monitor worked flawlessly and warned me at 20 PSI and dropping that I had a problem. I hate to think what could have happened to the rim with 35 profile tires if I only discovered the puncture once the tire went completely flat.

I filled the tire with the gunk-in-a-can and got the car home.
    There were no tires available locally so I went online and ordered two new rears from tirerack.com. Great service, arrived in two days.

Now, how do I get them fitted? Online once again, to Google and I unearthed a brand new operation in town, AZ Mobile Tire (azmobiletire.com).

They came to the house, removed the offending tire as well as the oldie but goodie, put the new ones on and balanced and re-installed in about an hour. Total cost - $75.00! A great deal if there ever was one.

Usual disclaimer - I have no financial or otherwise interest in this Co. Just a couple of good guys who saved me a bunch of hassle and bother. It turns out that they could have ordered the tires for me as well.

2. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Did the blade go through the tread or the sidewall? Did it do any damage to the wheel? At my school we charge $1 for mounting, and then how ever much the weights your tired/wheels needed. We have protectors for aluminum wheels, etc...

3. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Through the tread. The point is...will your school come to my house with all the correct equipment. Or do I have to flatbed the car the car to you (for about $100.00) , then get a cab ride there to pick it up after you have completed the job for a buck.

4. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I would travel out there and do it... Or you could bring wheels and tires in, and get em' put on... Regardless, your car is now on it's feet again.