NOT a Wax discussion - but an Interior detailing one | FerrariChat

NOT a Wax discussion - but an Interior detailing one

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 996, May 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    Just wondering what you guys use on the INSIDE of your cars to keep the leather looking great, the dash looking new, and the carpets "like new".

Particularly for Tan leathers and tan carpets. I've heard Lexol is great for leathers (heard that from the Lotus fanatics a few years back), but have never tried it.

Also, for those with spiders and TS models...what do you use to get the dust out of the interior without having to wipe it all down every time? Has anyone tried the "California Duster" (mini-version) they have at Canadian Tire that's meant for the interior?

I'm guessing that anyone with a spider or TS model will get a dusting interior after just one drive, I know I certainly do.

Also, I just purchased some "303" which is a high grade protectant...anyone tried that on their cars...which parts? (i.e. leather? or just dash, tires, and plastics).

Thanks...

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    How are you enjoying your 348?

3. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    Cars been great...just "babying" it for now. It's amazing how many cops you see when one drives a Ferrari (red colour at that).

I've done all my research on Waxes and stuff (that's why I didn't want to start a thread on waxes...I'm sure it's been done to death...in all the forums I've checked - NSX, Nissan, etc.)

Since mine's a spider...I have to wipe down the interior EVERY time I go out...or after letting it sit in the garage for more than 2 days...a real pain.

How do you detail the interior of your car? Any "tricks" you can share?

I'll have to drop by your shop one day to say "hi". I'll probably bring the car in later in the summer to have things checked over...just preventive maintenance stuff...maybe an oil change.

H.