OBD II connector on 355 | FerrariChat

OBD II connector on 355

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by pino, Dec 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA
    I've searched the archives with no results, but I know this was covered before, so thank you for your patience.

I am trying to use my OBD II on my '98 355 but it will not make a computer link connection. Upon looking at the connector in the car, it is obvious that 2 of the 5 terminal pins are not matching up with those of the OBD II scanner. (Someone mentioned something about this before, but as previously stated I cannot find it.)
    Does anyone know if it is feasible to move the terminal pins in the car's connector, and where to move them? My scan tool connector has a total of 7 male pins, so I am a little uncertain which ones just mate with the car's connector.
    I would even settle for some sort of new adaptor if anyone knows of one available.
    Many thanks,
    Pino

2. gripet

gripet Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    south of Chicago
    is it possible that the year for your 355 uses obd 1 instead of obd 2?

3. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA
    OBD II is mandatory for everything 1996 or newer. Some '95's (not Ferrari) even used it to prepare for the changeover in '96.

4. malibumk

malibumk Karting

May 14, 2002
    Malibu, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Klein
    Contrary to all of the instructions, your reader won't wotrk unless the car is running. And then you may need the Factory Manual to decipher the Ferrari Specific codes....email me separately if you need further input.
    MK

5. PBRacer

PBRacer Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I tried everything also and mine wouldn't work unless i started the car.

The instructions say otherwise but starting the car worked for me.

Stan