OMG I bought a brand new 458! | FerrariChat

OMG I bought a brand new 458!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by HX_Guy, Jul 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    #1 HX_Guy, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    The last 48 hours have been absolutely unreal, I feel like I'm still in a dream.

I started searching for a 458 about a month or so ago, and as some may have seen, I was pretty particular about the options I wanted, but also about the condition of the car. Well, I ran across a maybe not literally brand new, but technically brand new, 2015 Ferrari 458 Italia with 567 miles on the clock! The description said it still smelled like new, and I thought sure, maybe, but come on its still a 4 year old car. It was no joke, it literally feels like I just drove it off the Ferrari showroom floor.

Asking price was $240k, and I negotiated down to $230k and sent a hold deposit via Paypal about noon on Thursday, just a couple days ago. The car was in the Laguna Beach, CA area and the plan was to go out next weekend to pick up the car and drive it back to Phoenix. Thursday night I barely slept, just couldn't with excitement. Finally about 1AM I downed some NyQuil to put me out. I knew the next day I would never make it a week, I'd be a zombie by then. I booked a flight Friday night to LAX (out of excitement, I didnt even realize I should have booked to Santa Ana instead and saved myself the hour and a half Uber ride).

Then came this morning. After another restless night, woke up about 6AM and waited for 8:30 to roll around as that was the time I had set with the seller. I get to the house, absolutely gorgeous gated golf course neighorbood with entrance off the Pacific Coast Highway. The owner opens the garage and I could not believe it, I could not stop grinning. It was everything I could have imagined and more, it literally looks, feels and smells like a brane new 458 Italia. The owner has never washed it. The car has never been rained on. He never even installed plates on it. While I know its not good for these cars to sit, I did my due diligence the day before and called Ferrari of Newport Beach, where the car was purchased. They were very familiar with the seller and quickly pulled up the service history. The car just had a major scheduled service in February of this year and there was nothing negative to note during the service. The car was originally purchased in June 2015 and has had the other services since as well.

We got the in the car and headed to the bank, the owner driving as his last drive. As soon as we pulled onto the PCH, the gunned it, we had windows down and it was just marvelous. Finished up at the bank, I drove back to his home, dropped him off and started my trip back to Phoenix.

I'm still pretty much in shock. Ever since I drove my first ever Ferrari 5 months ago on my birthday as a rental, I havent stopped thinking about it. Of course I've always wanted one, but once I drove it, it was a whole other level of want.

Car has exactly all the features I wanted. Rosso Corso with Nero interior. Carbon fiber seats. Carbon fiber steering wheel. Carbon fiber tunnel. Front lifter. Rear camera. Front and rear sensors. Sport side sills. Its absolutely how I would order it. To add, it also has Suntek PPF on the full front clip, which worked out amazing given that I was worried what the drive back to Phoenix might do to the bumper.

Excited to be part of the Ferrari family! :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tarek307, Baitschev, FutureF and 41 others like this.
  2. BGF1LMS

BGF1LMS Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Simi Valley and Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    Brennan
    Congrats man! Beautiful spec!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    What a fantastic find!
    Many congrats and welcome to the club!
    Love the seats.... looks like you found a diamond in the rough.

Sent from my 16M

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Stunning. Ciao bella.

Thanks for sharing your story.

You won’t be disappointed.

5. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Congrats and love the spec. It’s always nice to find a car specced exactly the way you would have.
    Now drive,drive and drive. You have 4 years of catching up to do since the last owner essentially saved car for you.

6. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Great spec, great deal no matter what you paid

7. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Massive congratulations! I too was interested in that car but it was about $40k higher than I wanted to go and it doesnt have the carbon dash. But so many other perfect options I wanted. The gray wheels, yellow calipers, sport seats......it's stunning for sure!. I loved reading your story because I was the same way. The night before I was to drive from Vegas to Rancho Mirage, CA...I couldnt sleep. I ended up getting up at 4AM when the plan was 7. I thought I'd be tired all day but the drive back kept me excited and awake. I traded in a '16 GT3 RS so not a bad days driving either way. I just picked mine up 3 weeks ago and have been following your threads.

Again, congrats and enjoy in good health. Though in our weather, we may need ceramic window tint. lol

ryalex likes this.
  8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #8 randkin, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Great find, had I happened to run across it I would have bought it and I am not even actively looking for a 458 right now. I pretty much like how the car is optioned from viewing the sticker. Enjoy it and don’t worry about putting some miles on the clock.:cool:

Just curious why so few miles, 458s were never likely to be a real “collectors” car just too many made?

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Congrats, very nice car, and good price also given the condition - and so much for the people saying 458 did not depreciate, what about losing 20% in 4 years without being used? (I don't think the allegedly disastrous 488 would be any worse regarding depreciation).

10. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Welcome to the family and to probably the most addictive car you’ll ever own!

Enjoy in good health. Finding a car under 600mi was indeed a feat. Wish you many more miles of happiness behind the wheel.

Kind regards and congratulations,

Nuno.

Jamie traina likes this.
  11. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Congratulations - very exciting, great color and options! Welcome to the club!

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Congrats, enjoy the car.

It's one of those stories that leaves me with mixed emotions. A 458, 4 years, less than 600 miles. Can't help but thinking what a waste.

Put a few thousand miles on it during the next 12 months and give the car the life it deserves:)

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  13. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Beautiful. Congrats!

14. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
  15. hardhattg

hardhattg Karting

Jan 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    timothy gould
    Congrats and welcome to the 458 club. Best car I have ever owned and still own one.

16. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Awesome. Congrats. Fantastic cars.

Jamie traina likes this.
  17. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    Beautiful... same year as mine.. enjoy it!!!!

18. Zynch

Zynch Rookie

Jul 22, 2019
    City of San Fernando, Pampanga
    Full Name:
    Aldrine Pallasigui
    Wow thats a nice catch! :) Low milage plus the perfect specs you wanted. Congratulations sir.

19. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary

20. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Looks like you did very well with a very well optioned car. Enjoy your "NEW" Ferrari.

21. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    Wow, awesome find! Congrats!!

Enjoy in good health

22. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    So sad the original owner never drove it... never understand that.

But, your gain!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    Thank you guys!

Regarding the car not being driven...the owner was a bit OCD about everything he owned, his house and other car were just as pristine. He said he didn’t drive it as he was worried something would happen to the car. Definitely my gain! :)

ryalex likes this.
  24. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Damn you scored big time.

CONGRATS!

25. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Congrats! A wonderful car. Post some road trip pics if you took some.

So you should still have two years' maintenance included, have you talked with your local dealer about the warranty? Might be worth having their service dept check it out and get it into the system for warranty service.