Seat covers | FerrariChat

Seat covers

Discussion in '348/355' started by Hammonds rider, Nov 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hammonds rider

Hammonds rider Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Does anyone use seat covers to protect the side bolsters from getting worn? If so which ones?

2. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No, but that is an interesting idea. I just make sure to wear "soft" clothes when driving the car, such as track pants and a t-shirt. No jeans. Nothing rough.
    It also helps that I rarely drive it. ;)

Hammonds rider likes this.
  3. watkinsgt

watkinsgt Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    I haven't found anything better or cleaner than neoprene (wet suit) seat covers. Stretch to maintain forever snug fit. Wear like iron. Impervious to (as in zero) abrasion even from coral :) Wear your rivet jeans. Repel dirt including lint. Not liquid resistant - liquid proof. Not stain resistant - stain proof. Gentle on the leather underneath, eliminates creases and cracks. Zero color fade - black does not go grey. Excellent insulating - cool in summer, warm in winter. Have 'em on all my vehicles including mud trucks. To clean - spray 'em, or wipe 'em, let 'em air or sun dry - just like a wet suit. No mold. No smell. Fabric weave looks elegant like a Hong Kong suit. Bought my first set in '89 for a 911. Both still look brand new. Including leather. Used to buy them from Wet Okoli in CA but they don't have 355 patterns. So get them custom made at your favorite upholstery shop. Takes French stitching beautifully - go ahead - tuck and roll every contour and seam - no need for cheesy piping. Only downside - you might have to buy a whole roll. But never mind. Once you have a set made you'll use it all. Don't install yourself. Have your upholsterer do it. Custom done these fit like paint.

The Outcast and Hammonds rider like this.
  4. The Outcast

The Outcast Formula 3

Apr 19, 2011
    Royal Oak Michigan
    How you get in and out of your car makes a difference. Sticking your right leg in first, then dragging butt cheeks across the bolster definitely will wear that thing out. Best way: Open door, face away from the opening, aim your butt at the seat cushion, drop your butt in, then gather up your legs and put them in the footwell. No dragging across the bolster!

Viperjoe likes this.
  5. Jonny English

Jonny English Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Or put your hand on the seat and slowly lower yourself onto the seat once you have one leg in. Seat covers are a waste of time. Why should you endure sitting on the seat cover when you have paid all that money for a lovely leather one!

Bertil and 308 GTB like this.
  6. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Right. And women must also be mindful of this...

:)

Qavion, drbob101 and Jonny English like this.
  7. S-T48

S-T48 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Seat covers will not save your seat if you drag your ass on the bolster. You have to master how to hover over the bolster and set your butt in the middle.

Viperjoe likes this.
  8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    judd10 and The Outcast like this.
  9. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    Yeah, I went with Australian sheepskin covers off of E-bay. About 100 dollars each. They are soft inside and outside. They take a little time and thought to custom fit , but it's worth it. Cooler in the summer and no sweat on that Ferrari leather. GL

Hammonds rider likes this.
  10. JSBMD

JSBMD Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    The OC
    Full Name:
    John
    Another easy shortcut is to slide the seat all the way back before getting in/out, then slide it forward to your spot. At least this works well for me, as I'm short.