TR Radio | FerrariChat

TR Radio

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by mgtr1990, Jul 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Anyone know what make of radio would have come with my 1990 TR ( please spare me the engine noise etc) the previous owner has put a lousy radio in there and I was looking to keep the car as orginal as possibile. Thanks

2. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    almost positive but not 100 percent, alpine sterio

3. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    Most came with a radio delete. No head unit, just speakers. If one did come, it would be Apline.

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I'm pretty sure the radio was a dealer installed option for a TR? That being the case, it would have whatever the customer wanted or what the dealer decided to put in it.

5. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    I've got documentation that indicates mine came with a Clarion unit. I would tend to believe this was not installed at the factory.

Also the parts manual I don't believe indicates a part number for the radio which would lead credence to the fact that they basically came without radios from the factory.

6. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    My '91 TR has a Blaupunkt Laguna CD player. That's what came with it when I got it, but I am the 2nd owner.

7. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    My 1986 TR came with an Alpine AM/FM/Cassette. It was later changed out to a flip face Pioneer CD player. But, I still have the original books and pamplets on the original Alpine unit. It had the big green illuminated chicklet style buttons that were very popular in the 80's.

8. maquino

maquino Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    TRs came from the factory with speakers, and the antenna in the windshield, but no radio. It was up to the first owner to add one if desired.

Same with the 328, BTW, except that its factory antenna was an electrical-telescoping one rather than a windshield one.

9. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

Hey, that sounds like my installation.

I don't have the original documentation, but the original was changed out for a pioneer, as well.

Someone also installed speakers, in the sides behind the seats, and I don't believe that was original either. (they stink)

I'm thinking of removing them, but I don't know about matching the leather, since Connelly was discontinued.

Anyone know any original speaker locations other than the floor boxes and the small tweeters, or a match for that cream colored leather?

My 86 is Rossa Red with the cream interior.

10. kuwait355

kuwait355 Karting

Jul 9, 2006
    Kuwait
    Would anyone have a pic of the original Testarossa dashboard, as it looked prior to any stereo/radio installed?

Did the TR also come without a stereo ?

11. Beta Scorpion

Beta Scorpion Formula 3

Jun 22, 2006
    #11 Beta Scorpion, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My 86 testarossa came to me with a Nakamichi TD 400 cassette deck and an Alpine amplifier that were installed in the mid-80s by the first owner (actually installed by a dealer at the request of the first owner, per the receipts)

A little off topic, but I get very little or no bass response from this system (although I admit to never really using it much). My impression is that the speakers that came with the car have a rubber 'surround' around the cone and this has deteriorated (like every other audiophile speaker from the 80s). I wonder if anyone has confirmed this to be the case.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login