348 broken windshield wiper arm | FerrariChat

348 broken windshield wiper arm

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Husker, Feb 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    The "guide" portion of the wiper arm on my 348 is broken. It is broken at the pivot point of the arm where it attaches I presume by some bolt-type device. That is what is broken. Does anyone know how to fix this, other than just buying another arm? Any 348'ers out there been through this?

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I have the same problem with my 348. I fixxed it for free. I just took the wippers off. LOL. I don't ever drive the car in the rain, so why do I need them. They have been off for over a year. I'm just gonna leave them off until I get the gumption to fix it. Unless you are driving in the rain, what do you need them for? Just take them off.

3. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Husker - do you have a part # to refer to, or maybe a photo? Would like to help but having trouble visualizing what you mean.

4. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Shan

What he is talking about is the dowel on the bottom of the wiper arm, on the drivers side of the windshield. It controls the wiper so that it moves just a bit while it is wiping. It isn't the part that is attached to the motor with the screw. It is the little arm on the bottom of the wiper. The dowel is on the bottom of the arm and goes into a little hole right next to were the big arm is attached to the motor. You have to weld the dowel back on, or just get a new arm. Or at least I think thats what he is talking about, cause that is what happend to mine.

5. tim355

tim355 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    I had this happen to my F355. Ended up buying a new arm $350 (ouch!)

6. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I wasn't particularly worried about the function of the wiper, except it won't pass state inspection. The inspector had mercy on me yesterday and passed it but said "you need to get this fixed."