348 Exhaust Question | FerrariChat

348 Exhaust Question

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Jim Riggs, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004
    I bought a Stebro resonator to replace my Cats. When I order it, I was told that I'd receive all that I needed to install (the gaskets). When I received it last week, it did not come with the gaskets. Moreover, each reasonator is flanged at only one end. I checked my parts manual and inspected my F-car and the Cats are flanged at both ends. Am is missing something here? Thanks for the help. Jim

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Any exhaust shop has 2 1/8" gaskets take one out to get the sizing. Your test pipe may or maynot fit. Yoy do not need flanges but you do need the flanges with the bolt holes to bolt everythng together. You may be able to resue the old 348 gaskets it is just exhaust. They 90% or the time can be reused with no leaks. I do it all the time swapping exhausts for different tracks with noise limits.

3. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Jim-The Euro resonators they sent you are correct. They are only supposed to be flanged at one end because the non-flanged end slips into the flange of the muffler. The reason your cats look flanged at both ends is because the end closest to the muffler has a flange piece that clamps around the cat (a totally seperate piece) that tightens up against the flange of the muffler. This piece needs to be taken off of both cats and clamped onto the Euro resonators.

I know this probably sounds somewhat confusing, however if you look at the pics (http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2609) you can kind of see what I am talking about.