550 seats..manual vs power | FerrariChat

550 seats..manual vs power

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Thatsmytoy, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Does anyone know if the manual seats in a 550..I assume they are available, not sure...are lower to the floor than the power seats..thereby creating more headroom for a tall person?? Are the factory power seats called daytona seats? or are Daytona seats something else? thanks*

6'6" in San Diego

2. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    In the 360 I have owned both a power seat and manual seat, everything dimensionally is the same. All in all the power seats are waste of money. Figure they cost $2500, drive the car once a week for 5 years. How often would you adjust the seat, every week? Even in this extreame situation, his is only 250 times of adjustment, making the cost for adjustment $10 each time. Thanks, but I can adjust the seat on my own.

(For that matter the power seat was the only service issue on the 360, it broke and was repaired under warranty. It took 3 weeks to get parts from Italy. Its a great car, but skip the power, IMO.)

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Bill, my 550 has the Daytona power seats. I'm 6'2" and long waisted and I like to sit straight instead of leaning way back, which means that my eye sight just barely clears the top of the windshield and is somewhat partially blocked by the visor.

FOH told me that racing seats will lower the seat hight, but expensive. Their suggestion is to bolt the seat to the floor, which I may do before taking off for my surfing safari this Summer.

Good luck, DrTax