Asking for opinions | FerrariChat

Asking for opinions

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Manny, Jun 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
  2. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Well, no matter how good a car looks on Ebay, I would NEVER buy a car sight-unseen. I know people who have done this, and it turned out ok, and I know other people who did this, and it turned out horrible. Other than that, it does look to be a car worth checking out BEFORE you bid on it.

3. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    I agree with Matt. However, if you really want the car, you should at least hire a 3rd party to conduct a prepurchase inspection (i.e. auto appraisal group - I am pretty sure they have offices in Florida). It only costs about $350+.

4. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    I agree with Matt. What I would suggest is that you NOT bid in the car through auction, but instead contact the buyer outside the auction. YOu want to get a thorough PPI done before you purchase. I am sure that fellow F-Chatters in the Tampa area will know of a good PPI shop.

Martin at Cavaillino Motors in Miami is a regular F-Chatter. He may be able to recommend a good shop fir the PPI.

5. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

save your money dude. don't rush out and buy a car just because. trust me you do n't want to be a slave to a car payment or any payment. Be smart, be patient.